Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill question

I know all doctors are diffrent. He asked if i was going out of town for xmas. When i said yeah he said i needed to geta fill at least 5 days before i leave in case i need an unfill. He didnt want me sick while i was out of town. So i guess he is letting me get a fill a few days before my actual 1 month. I don't have any pain or soreness in my belly so thats a plus also. I have noticed the past few days that i am hungry even after eating so i hope this will help lots :) only 10 more days to go!

I also had my surgery on the 19th of Nov, but my dr will not let me get my first fill till the 29th of Dec

Every doctor and every person is so different. I had my first fill just 3 1/2 weeks post op and my doctor put in 4 ccs. I felt absolutely nothing. I went back last Thursday (2 weeks later) and he put in another 3 ccs for a total of 7ccs. I felt the difference before I even left the office. I had a hard time that day even getting in my Clear liquids, but woke up the next morning and had thin oatmeal, yogurt for lunch, then a regular dinner. I feel the full "restriction" much quicker but have had no problems. Most people that I have heard from tell me that having 7 ccs, 5 weeks post op is pretty aggressive, but it feels "right" to me. I think it is important to listen to your body and hopefully you can trust you doctor to make judgements that are in your best interest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches