Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wikileaks

Im just wondering why you feel that way, Im not saying your wrong. I think in some ways the leaks benefit our needs like Iran, now everyone knows the U.S. and especially Israel arent warmongers or at least not the only warmongers. Its nice to see there are many others who feel Iran is a threat, including and especially Arab nations! From what I've read I really dont see anything that hurts us. I do however believe we dont need to know alot of what goes on. Thats why we're not told about certain issues.

I just dont believe its up to Wikileaks to decide what world secrets should be shared with the public!

I still stand by my punishment, in fact Id like to be the one to hand them back to him while he's still tied up, so to speak!

Aren't we supposed to have freedom of speech. Give him a medal and stop trying to set him up for crimes he didn't commit.

Wikileaks doesn't decide what information to leak. Anything which is brought to them they will leak.

They merely facilitate getting that information into the public arena for the world to decide.

If you felt that whatever company you work for was involved in some kind of fraud or doing things you believes to be ethically wrong, wouldn't you want an avenue to share that information.

Wikileaks is important for freedom of information simply because they are ready to take the risks that nobody else will.

And besides, the US knew this information was coming and had the opportunity to go through the information and redact any information that would put individuals in danger. They chose not to.

You wont see that story on fox CNN, or NBC.

You can find it here.

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2010/11/wikileaks-and-state-department-correspondence/

Why is this not considered a crime, the piece of $hit soldier who fed him this info should and probably will be tried for treason. . Anybody who has fought in Iraq or Afghanistan or knows anybody who is should consider this a travesty! What is this guy getting out of this?

Freedom of speech unless it endangers others, this pretty much endangers the world.

Elcee, I agree with you, give him a metal! A piece of lead right between the eyes!

Your beloved Barak evidently felt these secrets should be kept secrets, he didnt feel it necessary to expose any leaks!

I wonder how you'll feel when a terrorist succeeds in blowing up an American plane because Saudi Arabia or some other country feels theyd be better off holding intelligence for fear of being "exposed"!

Freedom of speech, yah right!

You dont see that this could complicate any possible war plans regarding Iran who evidently thought the Arab nations liked them, then finding the opposite to be true because some idiot wants his 15 min of fame!

Yah, world peace, its right at your fingertips!!! Think again!

Again, if its not wrong why are they throwing around treason charges for the U.S. sol, I mean traitor who leaked the documents. You have the soldier who "stole" classified documents without the authorization to do so, these are classified for a reason! I would bet this guy(Julian ends up missing very soon, he's got the whole world pissed at him.

If the USA manages to find out who leaked this information, they will most definitely press charges against them.

But Julian, who is not a US citizen, and not living in the USA, I don't see how they can legally do anything to him.

I was listening to a news channel today, I cant remember which one, I watch them all. Anyway the host(It was Faux, Megan Kelley), she asked the person she was interviewing what we can do about it because this julian is not American(I thought he was Australian but they where saying they(the U.S. ) should threaten Iceland, not militarily, economically to prosecute him, that its illegal to do what he did even if he's not a citizen of this country. Theyre trying to charge him with rape and child molestation from a June incident(I could be wrong about the time). He will be arrested for something, come on the whole world wants this man now! Thats if he doesnt disappear first!

Punishment??

We all have a debt of gratitude to pay to Julian and the rest of the wikilleaks team.

Please tell me how knowing what was "leaked"(leaked meaning classified info not for everyone to know) benefits you so much that you want to pay him a debt of gratitude and what should that debt be?

If the USA manages to find out who leaked this information, they will most definitely press charges against them.

But Julian, who is not a US citizen, and not living in the USA, I don't see how they can legally do anything to him.

They know who leaked the info. U.S. Army Private Bradely Manning 22 yrs old. Already being Court Martialed, more than likely tried for treason, which is grounds for death! Yah!

Any military person should think treason is the most dispicable crime their is, right up there with rape and molestation which Julian Assange supposedly is wanted for. There is an international warrant for his arrest from switzerland I believe!

I guess as a military person his leaks must be especially disturbing to you.

Like the one a couple of months back of the soldiers in the helicopter opening fire on innocent civilians and reporters and then laughing as they dropped dead.

You know, that sounds eerily similar to your earlier comments (which you now deleted) about the enjoyment you would get by watching Julian die and how you would want to be a part of making that happen.

I refuse to argue with someone like you. This conversation is over.