Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 15th is Banding day!!!

I survived, now if I could just pass some gas I'm sure I would feel better. Plus it doesent help that I'm still stuck at the hospital awaiting discharge and watching true life I had gastric surgery..and that my roomate is crazy and throwing stuff at the staff so I can only safely walk on my half of the room bc when I try to leave she throws stuff at me :/

My experience was awesome! I got to the Surgical Center at 12:30 yesterday and was home by 5:30! The only uncomfortableness that I am having is when I get up or down from a chair or in and out of bed.

I am very thirsty that's for sure. I guess for the long day yesterday of no fluids till after the surgery. I am pretty nervous about eating right now. Of course it's just liquids today (and the net two weeks) but that includes cream Soups and yogurt. For some reason my pre-op diet was a little more generous and I could have cream of wheat, which I have come to love!!!! go figure!

How is everyone else doing? How are you feeling? What are you able to eat?

Cindy

Oh no Whey! That's awful. You shouldn't have to share a room with someone who is being abusive. I hope you are out of there soon!

Ya the way the hospital was set up was that 4 people, 2 rooms shared one bathroom with 2 doors so I started using the second room with the pts in there's permission to go out walking more, then I got out about 3pm so its much better now :) I feel like all I do is nap and wake up and walk and drink and fall back asleep when I sit back down but the gas pain is getting much better with the gas x strips, they are the way to go!! Now I just gotta learn to tell the difference between gas pain and hunger pain and when to eat

Kinda sounds like my hospital stay. They wanted me to stay overnight, but my Dr said I could get discharged, but nobody seemed to have any idea what was going on, so every so often they'd do something that made me think they'd release me, but never follow through. Nurse said I was free to go, but I had no papers and an IV still stuck in me! My wife and I were pretty upset, we just wanted to leave and I jsut wanted to rest in my own bed. Finally, in a stern voice I made my displeasure very well known. They went and found my things and got me moving along the way...

As far as gas-x goes, I don't know if it works or not. Most of the gas is outside of the GI tract meaning GAS-X won't really help in that way. Maybe it's a placebo effect ?

True, its stuck in the lining, but it helps cause peristalsis..tummy movement and that way it is dispersed and eventually gets absorbed and down the gi tract and out if ur cells don't need it so I am willing to keep taking them...and since everything else I'm stuck eating is sweet the nice harsher peppermint tastes amazing to me :)

I can eat all clears but its funny, the first sip always hits mybelly hard and I start to grumble, plus I feel like I can only have the 4oz before I start to feel full, but isn't that also a placebo effect as there is no Fluid in the band and thus no restriction other then swelling yet?

whey ready" data-cite="Whey ready" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1292599407" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="117801" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">

plus I feel like I can only have the 4oz before I start to feel full, but isn't that also a placebo effect as there is no Fluid in the band and thus no restriction other then swelling yet?

Maybe, but that's good right? I don't feel hungry at all, I do get the same grumbling when liquid first hits, but then I have to force myself to finish my shake. I guess it's good that I don't feel hungry. I've already lost about 4lbs since surgery on Tuesday and I'm staying hydrated.