Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 15th is Banding day!!!

Good evening...

Happy belated Thanksgiving....(we had ours today)

I will be starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday, November 30th.... I plan on using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. As far as I've read on these boards, people seem to like it pretty well. I've not tried it myself though. As for after I have the surgery......December 15th...... will I still be on the Unjury? or will it be a clear liquid only? (planning/shopping purposes here)

I am also wondering if there are any others getting their surgery on the 15th?

Cindy

I will be starting my Pre-op diet on Nov 30th and a surgery date Dec 15th as well:D !!! I am so excited!!!

Good evening...

I will be starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday, November 30th.... I plan on using unjury. As far as I've read on these boards, people seem to like it pretty well. I've not tried it myself though. As for after I have the surgery......December 15th...... will I still be on the Unjury? or will it be a clear liquid only? (planning/shopping purposes here)

Cindy

I will be starting my Pre-op diet on Nov 30th and a surgery date Dec 15th as well:D !!! I am so excited!!!

I am getting banded on Dec 13th ! I start my high protien diet tomorrow. its not just liquid I can have hard boil eggs,string cheese cottage cheese protien bars... I know for my dr's rule is 2 weeks of Clear liquids broth Jello but the good news is alot of people I talked to say they dont want food for a while....its hard to picture this... i am at the point I cant sleep at night I am so excited... there is a down side to this for me the closer my date comes the more mu hubby is NOT happy......I dont care at this point. I have to do this to save me. i have high blood pressure and sugar runs wild in the family...dont want that either so he has to adjust !!

keep in touch !!!!

Amy

I was never told to do the liquid diet 2 weeks before hand. As of right now I am doing a Meal Replacement shake for Breakfast and lunch and a regular dinner. I have stopped caffeine :blink: completely out of my diet! I think Im going insane! I have to stop solid foods a day before my surgery, which is on December 14th!!! Woot woot!! Ya!! I feel like this has been long enough already! Lets just get it over with! I dont know where to get the Unjury, but I am using the GNC lean Protein and its pretty good so far! I lost 8 pounds in 2 days. Apparently I had a lot of Water weight. Well, good luck with everything! I hope you achieve all your goals and remember that you are number 1 and everyone else is a bonus!

I am glad to hear that there are others out there that will be going through this at the same time!

unjury can be purchased on-line, but my Drs office sells it too. I was not going to get it there, because I figured that it would be really expensive at the office, but it's pretty much expensive everywhere. The 2 week diet is to shrink the liver. If I had been able to lost the weight myself, I wouldn't have to be on the 2 week diet. So I'm guessing if you don't have a 2 wk diet, you were able to lose the weight required yourself....so that's good. I just couldn't do it.

I'd love to know how you are all doing leading up to and after your surgery.

Cindy

[i am December 13th. I start my liquid diet in the am. It seems tough but it is going to be the beginning of a new lifestyle. So I have to do SlimFast high protient 4 times a day and can drink my coffee in the am (Thank God) and eat raw veggies in between the protien drink. My sister is a size two soaking wet and yesterday she gave me bags and bags of clothes size 10. I'm going to hang a few a day in my closet to get me inspired and just start working out and try to keep myself busy. I am single so it is easy for me to empty out the fridge to resist temptations. I'm going to log in daily to keep me inspired. Good luck Cindy. I would love for us to keep in touch as support for each other.

Good evening...

I will be starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday, November 30th.... I plan on using unjury. As far as I've read on these boards, people seem to like it pretty well. I've not tried it myself though. As for after I have the surgery......December 15th...... will I still be on the Unjury? or will it be a clear liquid only? (planning/shopping purposes here)

Cindy

Yay!!! Another December 15th person! I believe that's 4 of us that are on here. Cool.

I'm not gonna lie, I am struggling with this new format! I am sure it's operator error on my part. if it seems I'm not answering, I apologize... half the time I am trying to figure out if it's my post, or a copy of it, or someone elses !

Here are a couple of questions I'm curious about......

What's your greatest fear about the surgery itself?

What's your greatest concern about life after the band?

What's the most exciting part you are looking forward to?

I'll go first.

My greatest fear is....the Dr. deciding my liver hasn't shrunk enough and they can't do the surgery or the hiatal hernia I have will prevent me from being able to have the surgery.

Greatest concern about life after the band... pizza, will I be able to eat it?? (and of course the no caffeine!)

The most exciting part and what I'm looking forward to..... 2 things, coming out from behind myself, being my authentic self... and number two... crossing my legs!!!

Who's up?

Cindy

Hi all,

Band date is December 15th and I started my pre-diet today. I'm doing high Protein Meal Replacements for all meals with sugar free drinks in between. The no caffeine rule is what is going to kill me! Not looking forward to the no carb, no caffeine headaches, but the end result will be worth it!!

Hi all,

Band date is December 15th and I started my pre-diet today. I'm doing high Protein Meal Replacements for all meals with sugar free drinks in between. The no caffeine rule is what is going to kill me! Not looking forward to the no carb, no caffeine headaches, but the end result will be worth it!!

Cindy,

Having major struggles with this site too.....let me know if you can see my ticker. I'm already down 6 pounds due to the liquid diet...I know it is mostly Water weight, but let's hope this continues. :-)

My biggest fear about surgery - Anesthesia and not being able to drink anything when I wake up. I've had surgery before I know that was soooo thirsty afterwards.

My greatest concern after surgery - not being able to eat steak! pizza, as long as I can still eat the cheese, I'm okay, but a good steak is always my favorite! Yes, I'm a true carnivore at heart. No caffeine is also a big issue - Dunkin Donuts just might go out of business if I'm not drinking coffee anymore.

What I am looking forward to....buying an outfit just because I like it, not because they have it in my size! Wearing a sleeveless dress, my upper arms have not seen the light of day in decades!! Oh, and I want to shop and buy at Frederick's of Hollywood and look good in it!! (That will take awhile, but I'm looking forward to it! ) And last but not least, being in a room of people and not thinking to myself that I'm the heaviest one there!!

weight.png

Hi lucky...

I just wanted to let you know that I can see your ticker at the bottom. I am starting the pre surgery diet at roughly the same place you are. I'm at 241. The reasons that we are looking forward to this surgery really tug at the heart. I teared up a little when I read yours. I know there are many many many times when I'm at work meetings when I am about sure I'm the heaviest in the room. It wasn't to very long ago we were watching football and the announcer said, 'look at that guy, he's huge, over 240lbs'. I remember not being able to speak for several minutes because I thought I was going to lose it and wasn't with people that would 'get it'. That is a horrible feeling.

I am so ready to get this started and be successful at it. My confidence is so incredibly tied into my weight it is sickening, I am ready for that to change. I can't even imagine my arms being exposed!!! Subliminally that has been going on for years! I wasn't really aware. How funny.

Best of luck to you...let me know how your pre-op diet is going. My Dr. appt was late today, so I'm starting it in the morning.

Cindy

Cindy,

Having major struggles with this site too.....let me know if you can see my ticker. I'm already down 6 pounds due to the liquid diet...I know it is mostly Water weight, but let's hope this continues. :-)

My biggest fear about surgery - Anesthesia and not being able to drink anything when I wake up. I've had surgery before I know that was soooo thirsty afterwards.

My greatest concern after surgery - not being able to eat steak! pizza, as long as I can still eat the cheese, I'm okay, but a good steak is always my favorite! Yes, I'm a true carnivore at heart. No caffeine is also a big issue - Dunkin Donuts just might go out of business if I'm not drinking coffee anymore.

What I am looking forward to....buying an outfit just because I like it, not because they have it in my size! Wearing a sleeveless dress, my upper arms have not seen the light of day in decades!! Oh, and I want to shop and buy at Frederick's of Hollywood and look good in it!! (That will take awhile, but I'm looking forward to it! ) And last but not least, being in a room of people and not thinking to myself that I'm the heaviest one there!!

weight.png

Hi....

How is your pre-op diet going? I am starting in the morning as it was so late in the day when I picked it up. Good luck to you, hopefully we can stay in touch through this exciting yet scary journey. Well... there's parts of this that are scary...at least to me anyway!!

What is going to be the thing that you are looking forward to the most... post surgery, post weight loss?

Cindy

I am a Dec. 13th girl! That will be my day for banding!

I started my liquid diet today!

Let me tell you I have been so hungry today! Soup just isn't filling me up long enough!

I've always heard that the first few days are the hardest!

I am using Isopure unflavored and Click Mocha as my Protein powders!

Yay guys! We are on our way!

Hey everyone, first time on this thing. I have my date set for the 15th too, but I don't have to start my diet till the 9th, 2 shakes a day, one 4oz meal with 3oz Protein at it till the night before (or so others have told me, I don't have my meeting with the NUT until Thursday) but after reading all of yours I might try to start clears the full week before, wouldn't that be horrible if I get in there and they can't because my liver is too fatty? I'm so scared of the anesthesia too, I have never had surgery before and worry about not waking up or malignant hyperthermia or something else going wrong and I can't do anything about it, eek- but that's what PAT is for right? Even with all that I am so excited to have this tool to help me, I'm looking forward to being able to shop in the regular section and not feel so bad about myself.

Here we go everyone, 2 weeks to go till a new you :)

((((Waving))) Hi another dec 15th here as well...starting my liquid diet in the morning, a mixture of Atkins and EAS, broth, cottage cheese and yogurt i hope i can make it through this

Wow....December 15th is a huge day for a lot of us!!!

What worries you?

What concerns you after surgery?

What are you most looking forward to??

Cindy