Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a little concerned ...

i was banded on nov 16th;

did Clear liquids for 7 days (22nd) because i went back to work and was not feeling well and needed a little extra help;

started full liquids on the 8th day (23rd);

as of the the 22nd i had lost 11 lbs post op;

now i seem to have stopped losing;

i'm having Soups - both canned and homemade - both creamed and/or broth types - except for last night - i met friends out (annual thing) but had pureed Soup - i'm sure not fat free;

i also have sugar free frozen yogurt; greek yogurt and getting at least the 60gs of protein;

i'm not starving and i don't feel any type of restriction when i'm eating - i have been sipping my liquids but can also drink a 'mouthful' with no issue.

here's my concern - could i have possibly moved my band w/out meaning to?

i've read and heard where people do this to themselves - and i've tried to eat the right things.

i go to my dr on wednesday for my first visit - and was hoping i had not caused any slippage.

what has been your experience 2 and 3 weeks out?

Hi Lak200,

I was banded on Nov 18th and I am feeling some of the same. I have done a lot of reading.It seem to be common to be at a standstill post op. I lost 7lbs with in the first 6 days post op..I had my follow up on Tuesday and everything seemed fine but I find it hurtful when i eat or sometime when i simply drink. I can actually feel the food in my chest. I would not worry to much about the slippage because i read you would be vomiting and a lot more side effects if had a slippage. I had those same thoughts. I think we just have our minds set on certain expectations.

thanks so much for your response - i know i'm just being paranoid - but i just don't want to screw this up! hoping to get some walking in this week - so i should see lower numbers on the scale.

i don't get a fill until i'm at least 6 weeks post op and am really not feeling any blockage or problems going down.

i will try to put my mind at rest and just let things be.

thanks again!!

This is interesting to me because it is close to what I went through. I was banded on 10/22 and during my week of Clear Liquids I lost 6 pounds but as soon as I switched over to the creamy liquids I gained that six back plus 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I was keeping on the planned eating list and not cheating in anyway. At one point I had a breakdown and just cried and had to be comforted by my husband. After the first week back on solids I lost the 4 pounds and the second week I lost the other 6. I think the creamy foods were just not for me.