Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

I am a new member and am not sure how the this lapband forum is set up. Can i get some info about how to posts on this site and read posts easily. I have been banded for almost two years and recently met a few bandsters in Mexico.

browneyes185

Well, you already figured out the basics of posting... Because here you are!

The site is broken down into separate Forums - There is a drop-down box at the bottom left that lists them. The ones we visit most often are really individual choice. I tend to just hit New Posts (top middle on the blue bar) and read anything that looks interesting.

If you want insurance information - post in the Insurance forum. If you want info on Doctors, Fills, or food - post in each of those forums. If you just start clicking around, I am sure you will begin to get a feel for what is posted where.

There is also an Introductions forum and a Lounge. Introductions are for Newbies, like you. You should stop off there and post to introduce yourself to the board at large. The lounge is where we go when we want to talk about NON-band subjects - you will find ALL SORTS of things going on in there on any given day.

The Texas forum is set aside just for us (I live in Allen) and most times, you won't get a whole lot of interaction from non-Texans, here. Most of the posts go into the main forums.

Feel free to PM (private message) me or any of the other Texans like Mousecrazy & Iluvharleys for help if you need it. You can also find some of us Texas Folk hanging out in the New Jersey forum on December's Chat. Stop on by and say Howdy!

:]

Wow good job explaining...welcome to the family Browneyes!! We just love new members!! How was your banding experience? I like to get input from everyone.

Dear ReneBean,

Thanks for all the details that is very helpful. I will be checking it all out soon. Since it is the holidays it may be a few days before i get back to post. I have to go cook for the families...

thanks so much,

browneyes185

I have to say it is nice to get a response when I post a message. I have been on other lap band web pages and asked a question or vented my feeling and never received a response. I finally gave up on posting. While in Mexico I met a lady who referred me to this web page and said that this group is different than the others. I believe she is right.

My story is:

As a child I was always one of the "chubby" kids, not really much overweight but enough to notice. My dad would tease me and call me "Mrs. Tucker". I did not know what he was referring to but I did understand that he was referring to my weight. I got married while very young and constantly battled the weight issue which in turn made my weight worse because of all the YOYO diets. Around 4 years ago my sister went to Mexico and had the lap band surgery by Dr. Sanchez and since that time i was determined that I was going to have it done. She lost all of her weight within 8 months. I had no doubts that it would work for me too. I was not able to pay for the procedure so I researched it, and was able to jump through the hoops and get my insurance company (at the time) to pay for the surgery and on January 20, 2004 I was banded in Texas. Up til now I have lost 34 pounds. I have been VERY disapponted for many months and finally when a friend invited me to go with her to Mexico for her surgery, I decided to contact Dr. Sanchez to see if he believed that my band was okay. I had already contacted my doctor in texas and was not convienced that my band was fine. My band is, in fact Great, according to Dr. Sanchez. This is a mixed blessing. I knew that something must be wrong since i have not lost any more than this however, i am relieved that nothing was wrong. Dr. Rodriguez gave me a diet plan in which I have worked on. I am noticing that my clothing is not as tight. I understand that I am one of the 5% that will really have to exercise and work harder to lose the weight than most others however, at least I now have a clearer understanding of the problem. I will be so happy to finally lose some more weight and I am still convinced that it will work for me.

210/176/110

Thanks for listening!

I'm glad you are here. The people here are wonderful. Good luck on your journey and keep us posted.

That 'lady in Mexico' would be me!! Glad you've made it here. How's your new fill and how's Audrey? I finally got over the hiccups and am doing great. Down 15 so far. I've set up my appointment for my first fill with Dr. Stephanie in College Station in late January. Good thing because my appetite and eating capabilities are increasing.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Good Morning Phazer08!! I am glad you got over the hiccups! You are doing great on your weight too! Aren't you happy you did talk yourself out of the surgery? Audrey is doing well. I believe she is down over 10 pounds and has not been hungry at all. Thanks so much for telling me about this group, you are right they are more supportive than some of the others.

I will see you around!

I know it is probably simple, but I haven't figured it out. It is probably because it is 2:01 a.m. and I should be in bed. Anyway, I just registered with this site a few minutes ago and now I can't figure out how to post a message. It is easy to reply to a message (as I'm doing now) but how to you post your own comments or questions? It seems like there should be a "Post" button.

Anyway, I am new to this forum. I live in Mesquite, Texas. I am waiting to hear from my insurance (GEHA). The information was submitted to them last week. I think I am going to start calling them next week to try to hurry them on. I hope to get to know some of you. I am hoping to have the lap band surgery in early March.

Sorry this is so long. And I would appreciate your help in how to post.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum!!

o2beslim, I too am in the Mesquite area.

Thanks for the reply MsButterKup. I think Dr. Powell is in practice with my Dr. My Doctor is Robert Hagood. I received some discouraging news yesterday. The girl in Dr. Hagood's office told me the week before last that she would be sending all of the info. to the insurance company last week. I called yesterday and she hasn't sent it. I want so much to get this over with so I can get the weight off and get on with living. Oh well.

Thanks again.

hi can you tell me how to post, i have been searching around but can't find anything that will let me post a new one, i just know how to reply