Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much weight are we suppose to loose a day!

hey!

it's been 9 months since i was operated and got banned and NOW i am finally loosing some weight! tadaaaaaa! ;-) pehehehe!

i've lost about 5 kilos in like 2 weeks!! Gosshhh is that normall??!!! i'm scared it's too good to be true!!

how much in general do you guys loose??? i have noticed everyone here counts in pounds - is that an americal thing:rambo ??

thanks!

weight.png

Hi, I am not sure what the difference between kilos and lbs are, but I have noticed that since my last fill (I believe I have finally achieved the allusive "sweet-spot") I have been averaging 2 lbs every 3 days! Woohoo! and this is around the Holidays when all that tempting food is around!

A kilo is 2.2 lb. I think in kilograms to as we're on a metric system in Australia, yet I would always say I'm 5ft 10 inches, not 178cm!

I am told that the average weight loss is 2 pounds per week. I have lost as much as 5 pounds and I have stayed the exact same for 2 weeks straight. It is an average of 2 per week, not 2 each and every week. ~Mandy

Pounds is an American thing that most of us use. Since my 2nd fill on 12/30 I have lost 5 pounds. I went from 1.5cc to 2.00cc. I had my surgery in 9/05 and I have lost 30 pounds. I fluctuate at least 5 pounds. I have 48-50 pounds to go. I am not sure how much that is where you are from.

loose pouns per day???? what a novel idea :D

Yup, we use pounds primarily because most of the folks on this board are Americans, and we are still on the Imperial system.

Inamed quotes 5-10 lbs per MONTH - AVERAGE. This mostly depends on your choices and the amount of exercise you get, so it will definitely vary. Average means not every single day, week or even month... but over the course of a year, the AVERAGE is 5-10lbs per month..

I was banded in February and lost around 24 lbs the first 4 months, then slowed down and lost a couple of lbs a month or none at all BUT at least was not going up. I just got my 3rd fill at 10 months out and it seems to be a really good one. I'm now at 40 lbs lost. I'm really not wanting to lose to quickly. I have a friend that lost over 100 lbs in a year, but my goal is 100 lbs in around 2-2 1/2 years...we'll see. Good luck!