Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone out there NOT hungry?

Thanks to all for your posts. Glad to know I am not alone and also to read other points of view.

In about 15 minutes we are having our Thanksgiving luncheon here at work. I am hungry ... but I think it is in my head (or maybe my nose cuz I can smell the food ... lol) because my stomach is not growling, in fact I don't feel anything in my stomach. My mouth is watering and I feel like I want to eat something. Wait, I just had the tiniest hunger pang! Wow! Anyway, I definitely want to eat lunch.

I think it is important for us to learn to know the difference between head hunger and actual hunger and to act accordingly whenever possible. This is my greatest battle. I will keep working on it.

~Fran

So glad you posted... I was starting to feel guilty for not being hungry reading all these other posts! I've only been banded one month and had my first fill today, but the thing that has amazed me more than anything is that I feel like someone flipped the "hunger switch" off and I love love love it. I really worried about the emotional eating or my mind being hungrier than my body... but for me, not being physically hungry has also turned off my mind and I don't think about food the way I used to. Between that and knowing that I physically can't eat like I used to, so far I feel like things have been much easier than I thought they would be. May be more challenging as things go along, but so far, I'm really excited about and appreciate how much it's helped physically and mentally... hopefully it stays this way. If so, I have no doubt that this was the right decision and will finally be something that will help me for the long-term.

Congrats on your success so far! Can't wait til I'm at a year :-)

I read a lot of posts talking about how hungry people are 1-2 hours after a meal. I have read this even from some that say they are at their sweet spot or have restriction. It is easy to understand how frustrated they must be.

My experience and my question are a little different. I have been banded for close to 1 � years and I have been at my sweet spot since about April 2010. I rarely feel real hunger -- the stomach growling kind. I usually know that I am hungry because I start to lose energy, and have the slightest of hunger pangs. Usually I look at the clock and notice it is lunchtime or dinnertime. When I think about it, being truly hungry was never my problem even before the band. My eating was the result of emotions, ANY EMOTION. Happy, sad, glad, mad, angry, lonely, tired, hurt, and the list goes on and on � as did the numbers on the scale. After I was diagnosed with Atypical Type 2 Diabetes in January 2008 and was put on medication things seemed to level out a bit. More often than not my BG numbers were too low. I lost a few pounds (about 23 lbs), took my meds regularly and I didn�t suffer from �the hungries� as much. Shortly after being banded I was taken off Diabetes meds. I would say that 75% of the time since being at my sweet spot (and much therapy, LOL) I am able to stop myself from using food to quell an emotional ill. I am working toward being at 99% but hey � we all have our flaws.

My question is: Are there others of you who, after reaching proper restriction, no longer feel real hunger pangs?

Thanks.