Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and continuously rejected by Doctors.

I am at my wit's end here everyone.

I had my lap band surgery in Lebanon in 2009 and since then have moved to the US to be with my husband.

It's been a year since my last lapband followup, why so long? No US doctor (in my area and nearby) is willing to take me in and make sure all is well.

I am now pregnant and still in the same predicament. I am concerned for my unborn child and the nutrition it will be deprived of as a result of my band.

I cannot find a doctor who is willing to unfill me for my baby's sake without giving me the old liability song and dance.

I just do not know what to do. Please, if anyone out there can help me, please please. If you know of a doctor who is reputable and willing to take on another surgeon's patient, please tell me who.

Help me and my baby.

Thank you!!

Sorry for your toubles in finding a doctor. You might want to go to the Pregnancy section within this forum and start a thread regarding your situation. There might just be another pregnant LB poster that lives in your area.

UGH. I am so sorry. Definitely contact your surgeon back in Lebanon, and make sure you get copies of your files AND XRAYS. I don't think anyone is going to want to un-fill you without knowing exactly where your port is, and no-one is going to give you X-rays when you are pregnant (as they shouldn't).

how do you feel, and how is your current weight gain? As long as that is on track and you can eat healthy foods, I don't think it is 100% the case all the time that you get unfilled for a pregnancy. If you aren't throwing up, and can use healthy slider foods to gain the right amount of weight, you might be OK!

Anyway, if you can get a copy of your file/xrays that might really help regarding getting someone to help you, and if your surgeon knows anyone in the US, maybe that person could help?

Talk to your obstetrician about a bariatric doctor in your area. S/he might be able to contact one and get you an appointment. Your doctor calling might be more effective. I am assuming you are under the care of an obstetrician. Have you been able to swallow the prenatal Vitamins? I know they are big.

I think whoever is handling your prenatal care should be able to help you manage all of this. Good luck.

@ PixiStix: I am in Modesto, CA

@ everyone, thank you for writing back. I had one encounter with a surgeon who asked for $800 upfront to see me. He says that is his liability fee. I think it is a BS fee, since adjustments do not provide much profit for him, and from what I have read online, a lot of surgeons do this liability song and dance for this very reason.

Man, hand me a syringe, I could do this myself! (of course, I wont tho.. just saying)

Anyways. My search continues. If you know of a surgeon who isn't a crook and willing to help by taking in other doctors' patients, please let me know. I will be willing to fly out of state even.

Thanks!