Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Surgery Update [Picture]

did they keep the incisions between your legs or do you have an incision from the groin to the knee too?

I had no work done to my legs, only tightening on the sides just above the hip bone. The scar I have goes nearly all the way around with about 6 to 8 inches between the ends on each side. That smoothed out and tightened my legs enough that I didn't have them do anything else there.

I'd never considered plastic surgery for myself until I read your post. Now it seems like something that might one day be a possibility. Your procedure was a lot less expensive than I thought it would be - but I guess it's much more than that in the states. Four weeks, though? How did you do it? Are you a student or did you take a leave of absence from work or something?

I was curious so I looked up Dr. Quiroz. (FYI the website is www.cosmedclinic.com not www.cosmedsurgery.com :-)) It seems like a very reputable place. Is it a hospital? I don't know exactly what a surgical center is. Maybe I'm paranoid (comes from watching "Awful Plastic Surgery" on tLC) but they always warn against having any type of procedure done outside of an actual hospital.

Thanks for correcting the link!

Ya, four weeks was two weeks longer than I had planned. Luckily I seriously have the world's greatest boss and he gave me PAID work leave! Can you believe that?!? I totally had not expected it. He's amazing though! Best job in the WORLD!

if you were going to make of list of 10 or 20 things that

'defined YOU' preBand, how would that compare to a list of 10 or 20 things

defining 'you NOW'....

hey jack you should make that a whole thread kinda like a survey!

....my GAWD!!!.....you continue to be an inspiration....do you find differences in your thought processes than in preBand life? Are you 'still YOU'....or have you become someone else.....I don't know quite how to ask...if you were going to make of list of 10 or 20 things that 'defined YOU' preBand, how would that compare to a list of 10 or 20 things defining 'you NOW'....

and thanks so much for sharing your fantastic journey....

Excellent question Jack!

There is a huge difference in me now that I am 125 pounds instead of 250. I feel "worthy" in my own eyes now would be one way to put it. Some people are comfortable with their weight, it doesn't hold them back. They still go out and have fun and have some semblence of confidence. That was not at all me. The heavier I got the more inverted I became. I spent as little time outside of my house and office as I could. I lived under a rock. Now I LOVE going out. I'm sooooo girly and everything I own is pink and purple instead of black or navy. I own one pair of ugly shoes and everything else has heels. I've gone from bag lady to a lady with class and style.

The people I run with now never knew me overweight. They all ask me for style advice and I even get the occasional "she can wear that - she looks good in everything" comments. Sooooo not me before. I have confidence that I can truly accomplish anything I want and I know my life will not be lived under a rock anymore. I have HOPE which is something I did not have when I was overweight. My weight didn't just weigh me down physically it weighed me down emotionally. I never felt "right" being overweight and that misalignment of who I felt I SHOULD be versus who I was (overweight) caused a lot of pain and basically paralyzed me.

Now I am living out the reality of who I was meant to be. I find I am much more loving, I much more touchy-feely and enjoy letting my guy touch me whereas before I didn't want anyone near me for fear they might discover how fat I really was! Like I could somehow hide it... right.

So internally the only change is I no longer imagine living life - I DO live life. And I enjoy it thoroughly.

I doubt everyone has such an issue with their weight, but it bogged me down big time.

um...hm..wow. What would be appropriate at this point to be heard from the male bandsters out there? HOLY #%$! GIRL! You look like a supermodel.

Way to go. You are such an encouragment to all. Keep up the marvelous discipline...we're all trying to catch up!

Jon

um...hm..wow. What would be appropriate at this point to be heard from the male bandsters out there? HOLY #%$! GIRL! You look like a supermodel.

Way to go. You are such an encouragment to all. Keep up the marvelous discipline...we're all trying to catch up!

Jon

LOL! That made me laugh so hard. Thanks for the compliment!