Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I can tell when I've ate too much by the slight pain right above my collar bone. However when I wake up in the morning its not slight its MASSIVE! I know its sinus drainage, for reasons too gross to post. I obviously haven't had a fill yet so can this stretch my pouch? I already feel like I can eat a lot more than I could. Which could be because swelling has gone down. I just don't want to have a stretched pouch because my sinuses decided to go haywire!

Anyone else have this problem? :(

I had my lap band a year ago. My sinuses are draining so bad I either have to sleep sitting up in the recliner or I wake my self up by chocking on my sinus drainage or throwing up the drainage that settled in my throat. What's going on?

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I can tell when I've ate too much by the slight pain right above my collar bone. However when I wake up in the morning its not slight its MASSIVE! I know its sinus drainage, for reasons too gross to post. I obviously haven't had a fill yet so can this stretch my pouch? I already feel like I can eat a lot more than I could. Which could be because swelling has gone down. I just don't want to have a stretched pouch because my sinuses decided to go haywire!

Anyone else have this problem? :(

It's a lot harder to stretch your pouch than you think. I think it is natural for all of us to have that fear to some degree. I read on one of these message boards early on about how the swelling goes down and the fat pad around the band shrinks over time and there are going to be times when the band becomes lose. I was banded in Feb this year and have experienced this several times. Then I would go get a fill and it would be snug again and by the end of the month it would not be snug. As I have lost weight, the band would loosen up and I would just need to go get another fill. I would often worry that I had done something wrong but I have learned that as I lose the weight, adjustments are just going to be part of the process and I don't have to worry every time that something is wrong. Complications do occur but for the most part, I can wake up one day and it be fine and the next day it needs adjustment. My PA keeps explaining that as time goes on and I get closer and closer to my goal weight, I will need fewer fills and I will retain the right amount of restriction that is right for me. I like to keep my band a little snug. Just makes me feel good.

This October I will be 5 yrs. Banded.

The sinus issue is so bad this year, that I had to go in for a slight unfill.

This started in the spring, and has not let up yet.

I take a sinus pill for 1 time a day, but half way through the day, it still kicks in.

I was all Flemmed up, couldn't swallow my shakes, chewable Vitamins.

food was out the question, maybe around 7:p.m. when the band would open up a little.

I would try some Soup.

So I went in, and they took out a little, made a big difference.

Sinus drainage is normal. I always know when I've eaten too much when my noise starts running.