Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did it take after your first fill before you got restriction

i also got 1.5 ccs and feel nothing. i feel like the newest member of the turtle club. hopefully fill #2 will kickstart this weightloss. at least my doc is not making me wait a long time for it. i go in on jan 10.

I got my first fill on Dec. 20th. I have 1.5cc in a 4cc band. I can definitely feel it. My fill quickly reminds me to slow down and chew, chew, chew!

i had one fill (2.5 cc) and have alot of restriction. My doc put alot in because she had a hard time hitting the port even under floro, so instead she but a little in, made me do a barium swallow, but a little more, another shallow until she got the restriction she wanted to see.

I have a 9.75 cm band, holds 4ccs.

1st fill at 6 weeks - 1cc, didn't feel much restriction.

2nd fill at 8 weeks - 1.7 cc (2.7 cc total), pretty good, lasted 2.5 months, could have used a tweak a few weeks earlier.

3rd fill at about 4 months - .3 ccs (3.0 cc total), may be my sweet spot, we'll see. Dec. has been my best weight loss since the 2 weeks post-op.

Susan

Banded 7/25/05

3 ccs - 3 fills - 9.75 cm band

237/189/125 - 5' 4"

Its been four weeks since surgery and im having trouble getting in 1000 cal . No fill yet. But im stuck at 199 two weeks now.I have to make myself eat.I guess because I weighed that for a long time and my body wants to stay there.

Same thing here Ladysplenda - a couple of weeks out of surgery and still having to remind myself to eat - I'm even eating an afternoon snack I really dont particularly want just to get a piece of fruit in daily. I'm still hovering around 1000 calories a day too and dont want to go lower, I just dont think it does your metabolism any good. Yet I've been stuck on 105.3 kg for an entire week and funnily enough, 105 is a weight I held for a good 12 months. I always tend to hit previously held weights and falter when I go on a diet.

I got 1.5cc's on my first fill (4cc band) and was still wide open. I went to 1.75cc on my next fill and it helped for a few weeks, then I was wide open again (even though I only lost 7 lbs during that time). Last Thurs I got another fill and I'm up to 2cc's now. This is definitely helping. But I don't have "restriction" in the sense of how I heard it described by the bandsters at the seminar I went to. They were saying that they hit a hard stop pretty quickly, as well as describing PB'ing on certain types of foods. I have never hit a hard stop nor PB'd.

At this last fill I was told that eventually I'd end up with a fill level where bread, tougher meat, stringy veggies, etc would give me problems and I would be more likely to hit a hard stop. I'm just not there yet.

Fills are so personal...I don't think there's any way to predict them. That being said, I do like reading these threads, just to see what works for others. I have .7cc in a 4cc band. I have never PB'd or slimed. I have had the golf ball feeling if I eat too fast or don't chew well. I am starting to consider a tiny third fill...I am so cautious, maybe too much. I think the difference between a dr. who sneaks up on the sweet spot as opposed to the ones who believe in aggressive fills is also a matter of personal taste. I have so much head work to do about food, that the sneaky approach works for me, so I have time to readjust my thoughts regarding the lifestyle changes brought about by the band. Good luck to everyone as we seek the perfect adjustment! Cindy

I guess what perfect adjustment means to everyone is different too - personally I'd prefer to have to exercise a little head control when it comes to food in order to still be able to eat meat and enjoy a dinner out. I may very well be speaking way too soon but at the moment, the biggest effect the band has had on me is psychological - its given me licence to absolutely go for it with losing weight without considering past failures etc. I think it will work therefore it will kind of thing. If I never had a fill at all I wouldnt particularly care. I worry a lot about quality of diet when a whole host of healthy foods give you problems. I'd also take slower weight loss as a trade off for that.

It took me a total of 5 fills, getting up to 8 cc in an 11 cc band to feel even a smidgen of anything! I went one beyond and have had 6 fills, currently standing at 9 cc, and could probably use a tiny tiny top off. Everyone is definitely different, but it is definitely interesting to see other's stories:cross-eye

I had a tiny bit of restriction with first fill, 1cc. Just got second fill last week and I think I may need a slight unfill. I am at 1.5ccs but cant do anything past Soups and mushies without problems. I cant do anything at all but liquid in the mornings. I am thinking 1.3 may be good for me right now.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones who felt restrictioon right away after my 1st fill. I went from Dr's office right after fill and tried eating yogurt and could tell there was a big difference!!!! Second fill was much needed and 3rd fill was a pain in the butt for weeks of trying to figure it out until it decided to settle down. I went to Dr last week and told him please do not give me a fill yet. I think I will need one soon but I needed to figure out the last one first!! LOL!!! It is so hard to figure out what works and what doesn't work after getting a fill. Give it time It just might kick in even a week or two later!!