Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quiz about Eating and Appetite

Hey all, I've got a quiz about eating and appetite. It talks about head hunger etc. It's not really the fun post with your friends kind, but I found the questions helped me sort out some of my ideas about food.

Quiz about Eating and Appetite

sorting out head hunger versus bodily need:

Do you always eat when you feel physical hunger sensations?

Do you eat when you don't feel physical hunger sensations?

Does seeing and smelling food make you hungry, i.e. walking by a nice smelling food stand or restaurant?

If yes, can you tell when that hunger is out of desire, or actual appetite, like when it's time to eat?

How far ahead do you think about a meal before you end up cooking or eating it?

Do you eat the same when you're alone, as with company? i.e. amount, speed, choices.

Do you spend time in the day thinking about how much food you eat, and how much you want to eat? i.e. calorie counting.

What is your favorite food?

Does the thought of dieting make you hungry?

In any given 5 meals, how many meals can you stop eating before feeling uncomfortably full?

Have you ever washed down the food you've consumed, so that you can eat and taste more of it without feeling full?

When you eat your favorite food, does it make you feel happy to eat it, just full, and/or guilty about eating it?

When you limit food intake, or diet, do you think about eating more or less than when you are not limiting food intake?

When you socialize with friends or family, are the interactions centered around meals, or drinking, other activities such as going to movies, sports events or museums, or evenly balanced?

When you have a treat, is it usually self-prepared or not?

Do you control your portions by limiting them before they go onto the plate, or before they go into your mouth?

What percentage of the time do you clean your plate?

If you've finished eating and there's food left over, do you feel like you're "wasting it?"

When you are upset at home, are you more likely to go out or stay in?

When you are upset at home, are you more likely to go to the living room, bedroom, or kitchen?

What are the three things you've pined for most in life?

Has food, and your relationship with eating played a part in anything regarding your top ten needs and desires?

Do you always eat when you feel physical hunger sensations?
No
Do you eat when you don't feel physical hunger sensations?
No
Does seeing and smelling food make you hungry, i.e. walking by a nice smelling food stand or restaurant?
No, but it can be awfully appealing.
If yes, can you tell when that hunger is out of desire, or actual appetite, like when it's time to eat?
Yes
How far ahead do you think about a meal before you end up cooking or eating it?
I tend to have a loose plan for the day in mind, but don't really start thinking about preparation until the time comes. And I don't adhere rigidly to the plan if something else appeals.
Do you eat the same when you're alone, as with company? i.e. amount, speed, choices.
Yes
Do you spend time in the day thinking about how much food you eat, and how much you want to eat? i.e. calorie counting.
Not any more. I do journal, do measure/weigh. It takes up a tiny portion of my day, and is part of my meal planning/prep.
What is your favorite food?
sushi

Does the thought of dieting make you hungry?

No.
In any given 5 meals, how many meals can you stop eating before feeling uncomfortably full?
5; eating until uncomfortably full was never part of my obesity M.O.
Have you ever washed down the food you've consumed, so that you can eat and taste more of it without feeling full?
No
When you eat your favorite food, does it make you feel happy to eat it, just full, and/or guilty about eating it?
I enjoy it.
When you limit food intake, or diet, do you think about eating more or less than when you are not limiting food intake?
Now that I'm banded, I don't think about it much at all. Before, I think I spent more time planning what I was "allowed" to eat.
When you socialize with friends or family, are the interactions centered around meals, or drinking, other activities such as going to movies, sports events or museums, or evenly balanced?
Often, they are meals, or coffee. Sometimes, it's other activities. But food usually plays a part---it's a societal norm.
When you have a treat, is it usually self-prepared or not?
Yes, usually I make it.

Do you control your portions by limiting them before they go onto the plate, or before they go into your mouth?

Both. I weigh/measure, but more importantly, I listen to my body. I stop when I am satisfied. Not full.

What percentage of the time do you clean your plate?

Maybe 50 percent of the time, I finish the portion I have allotted myself. I usually leave a bite or two behind, or share with my dog :(
If you've finished eating and there's food left over, do you feel like you're "wasting it?"
No
When you are upset at home, are you more likely to go out or stay in?
When I am upset, I tend to head out for a walk.
When you are upset at home, are you more likely to go to the living room, bedroom, or kitchen?
bedroom
What are the three things you've pined for most in life?
intimacy, respect, love
Has food, and your relationship with eating played a part in anything regarding your top ten needs and desires?
Yes. When my needs were not met, I did tend to turn to food for comfort.