Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for January and very excited!!

Hello everyone. I am scheduled to have the band January 24th. I am very excited. I met with the anesthesiologist today and heard a lot of scary things. But I am trying to stay very positive. I am 33 yrs old and have 2 young boys so I really am at a point where this weight has to come off for good. I just wish I could have had this surgery about 10 yrs. ago. Life is so awesome and I have waisted so much of it being upset with my self. I have really learned a lot from this web site. Good and bad. But it seems most people are very happy to have the band and would do it over again. That's really good to hear. Well I will write after surgery or whenever I have a question. Take care. Jennifer;-)

Welcome to LBT! Congrats on your surgery date. It is very normal to be nervous, and excited. There's lots of information here for the taking. Just browse through the old as well as the new threads and you will find tons of valuable information. Keep us posted, and don't be afraid to join in on the threads!

Hi, Jennifer...I'm scheduled for Jan. 24 also, so maybe we can compare notes after...where are you having it? I'll be going to Sioux Falls, SD to Dr. Peter O'Brien. Best of luck with your surgery and hopefully all will go well for both of us. I'm sure we'll look back on this as one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves. It helps me a lot to know that most of these people would do it again, too!

Emily

I am having my surgery in my home town of Melbourne Fl. The Dr. is Dr. Fusco. Luckily it is only about a 10 minute drive. My mom had it done about 3 weeks ago and feels great. She has lost about 18 lbs. She has about 45 more to go. I need to lose 120. But I will be happy with 50 at this point. So are you nervous? The only part that scares me is being put under. I have never been before so not sure what to expect. I hear it's no biggie though. I hope things go great for you. I cant beleive we are on the same day. I will keep in touch so we can maybe help each other. I know my husband is very supportive but probably a little tired of hearing about it. So I hope to hear from you soon. ;-) Jennifer

Hi JJB

I am ALSO scheduled for Jan 24th! here in NJ. I am excited and scared all at the same time. Emotions are to be expected I guess. But I do not want to continue carrying all this "baggage" around.

I appreciate the information that is on this site. I personally know more people who have had gastric bypass then the band. But I was too afraid of GB.

Anyways, good luck on the 24th! Will catch up with you on the other side!

Congrats to all you will be Bandsters! Good for you for doing your research. There is an unbelievable wealth of knowlege here! As far as the "bad" things you may read here, please remember that this is a support forum and people tend to seek support in bad times. In other words, the info here may sometimes be skewed to the negative side of things just b/c people ask questions and seek advice when they are having problems rather than when things are going great! So take it with a grain of salt. Best wishes on your upcoming surgeries and welcome to LBT!