Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was hoping to have another great day. :(

Today is my 7th day since surgery. I got up this morning feeling pretty good. I don't feel all that great now or as of about 9am. For Breakfast I ate a chicken type Soup that I had eaten before and had no issues. I also had a small spoon of some whole grain rice that I chewed very well. After eating I have not felt good when I go to stand. I get this pain that seems to travel from my chest to my head/face. It almost feels like the beginning of a massive headache. It only lasts for a few seconds but very uncomfortable. It's very hard to explain feelings on a forum unless it is very direct of where it hurts. I explain it the way I did because it feels like me chest although it might be where the band is. Has anyone had this feeling before? I also had to dry heave a few time earlier but that was the extent of it. When I am stitting or laying down I seem to be fine.

I can't eat ANY type of rice no matter how much i chew it... it feels like a brick in my stomach that hurts all the way up.. and usually the only relief i get from it is to throw it up... so that might be the problem...

Have you talked to you Dr.? I have my surgery on the 16th, and I was told liquids only no food you body needs to heal. So it's liquids only for me for 2-3 weeks. Good luck and hope you start feeling better soon.

Rice 7 days after surgery is probably not the best idea. I've had my band for almost 2 months and I still can't eat rice. The feeling you've got sounds like the rice has stuck in your stomach. Rice can be very sticky and often takes longer for it to leave the top half of the stomach than other foods, so it may have stuck to the wall in the process.

People say that in that situation to drink Water...It can be very painful, but it often gets the job done quicker. Another idea is to eat some meat tenderizer.

It's a horrible feeling, I know, but from the sounds of it, and it's what i think it is, it's the kibnd of thing that happens to all of us at some stage.

Just be careful with what you eat...If you're going to eat rice again try something like 4 grains at a time :rolleyes2:

It sounds like you'll be ok.

Today is my 7th day since surgery. I got up this morning feeling pretty good. I don't feel all that great now or as of about 9am. For breakfast I ate a chicken type Soup that I had eaten before and had no issues. I also had a small spoon of some whole grain rice that I chewed very well. After eating I have not felt good when I go to stand. I get this pain that seems to travel from my chest to my head/face. It almost feels like the beginning of a massive headache. It only lasts for a few seconds but very uncomfortable. It's very hard to explain feelings on a forum unless it is very direct of where it hurts. I explain it the way I did because it feels like me chest although it might be where the band is. Has anyone had this feeling before? I also had to dry heave a few time earlier but that was the extent of it. When I am stitting or laying down I seem to be fine.

Who did your surgery? I'm from Albuquerque, I live in Az now. I have a friend there looking for a good surgeon.

I heard from a doctors nurse that the rice will swell up in your stomach and that you should stay away from it.

I hope you feel better soon. :rolleyes2: I've been banded since October 19th and cannot even begin my body being able to tolerate rice. I had to do Clear Liquids the first week after surgery, full liquids at 2 weeks and now "mushies". Let us know how you're doing.