Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my band too tight?

I went for a fill yesterday, and my doctor put in half a cc. I drank some Water right after, and it seemed to go down even though it did gurgle. I did a Protein shake last night for supper, and it seemed to go down fine. This morning was a different story with the Protein Shake. It was somewhat uncomfortable drinking that this morning. I think it took me a good 30 minutes to get the whole 11 oz. down. Am I too tight or should it calm down in the next few days?

I have had like 7 or 8 fills, and this is the first time it felt tight in the morning. Usually I can eat my Protein Bar first thing in the morning without any problems.

Also, I am needing help with what to eat for lunch, and what to eat for supper if I happen to not cook that night?

You are probably still swollen and it is very common to be tight in the morning. I have 8.5 in a 10 cc band and after this last fill, I cant eat until noonish. I usually have to stay on liquids for 48 hours after a fill. What does your doc recommend?

You are probably still swollen and it is very common to be tight in the morning. I have 8.5 in a 10 cc band and after this last fill, I cant eat until noonish. I usually have to stay on liquids for 48 hours after a fill. What does your doc recommend?

He does recommend two days on liquids. I have to be honest that after the previous fills, I was eating real food within a day. I'm not going to attempt that this time.

You probably have some swelling that will subside in a few days. If it doesn't- see your doc. for an unfill. Good luck!

I agree it is probably swelling but if in a week it does not change or if you are unable to take liquids do not be afraid of getting a small unfill. I went seven months too tight because I was scared of what it would be like to have some taken out. But a friend made me go as she had been through the samething, it did nothing but make me feel better no weight gain. You can always have it put back in. I only had .2ccs taken out but it made so much difference.

Cheri

I've noticed that people have tighter bands in the morning. The last time I had a fill I was tight for a couple of days and then BAM, overnight it felt like I'd lost it all.

I've noticed that people have tighter bands in the morning. The last time I had a fill I was tight for a couple of days and then BAM, overnight it felt like I'd lost it all.

My previous fills have been the same way. I may be getting close to restriction though so we will see.

What does everyone eat for lunch? I have been eating basically the same thing, but it doesn't always have enough Protein.

My previous fills have been the same way. I may be getting close to restriction though so we will see.

What does everyone eat for lunch? I have been eating basically the same thing, but it doesn't always have enough Protein.

I eat this quite often, but I usually dont finish the mashed potatoes. The chicken is PERFECT for getting in Protein with low calories. Plus it is only about $2 at Wal-Mart! :rolleyes2:

195_Nimg.jpg

Serving Size 8.88Oz

Servings Per Container 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 250 Calories From Fat 90

Total Fat 10g

Saturated Fat 3g

Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g

Monounsaturated Fat 3g

Cholesterol 60mg 20%Sodium 730mg

Total Carbohydrates 20g

Dietary Fiber 1g

Sugars 2g

Protein 20g

Calcium 4%

Iron 2%

Usually a can of chicken with some mustard. lol.

Option 1: leftover turkey taco meatloaf muffin (3oz) (my recipe) & whatever veggie I find appealing. About 180 calories & 17 gram Protein

Option 2: 3oz Smoked Salmon, 1 wedge WW or laughing cow cheese, veggie of choice. about 180 calories, 26 gram protein

Option 3: Simply Gourmet Turkey Mignon, veggies. about 220 calories, 33 gram protein

Option 4: Lean hamburger patty, mixed low carb veg. 182 cal, 17 gram protein.

Option 5: John Soules sliced chicken breast fajitas & non fat refried Beans, 2% cheese, tomatoes: 122 calories, 18 protein

Option 6: Rotisserie chicken, broccoli. 190 calories, 19 gram protein

Hope this helps.

I had my surgery a year ago this past July. I've had to have Fluid removed several times after having really bad heartburn at night. I have had to have it removed after I have thrown up a few days in a row. He puts little in, I seem to be okay for about a week and then I have problems. I don't really feel much restriction but I am scared to have more put in due to what has happened in the past. I'm wondering if the heartburn could be due to stress. (changed jobs and working a ton of hours trying to get the system in shape). I know that I am eating way more than I should as well as foods that I shouldn't be eating. I am going to try doing the liquid diet that I had to do before the surgery for a week or so, see if I can get myself back on track.

Lunch: Today I had egg salad and cooked vegetables

Yesty I had tuna salad and 1/2 mashed banana

Tomorrow I plan on leftover fish fillets and vegetables.

I keep a deli roasted chicken (Costco) on hand.

Refried Beans w/salsa and a sprinkle of LF cheese and applesauce.

Smoked oysters (rinse off oil) mashed yams

Salmon and mashed cauliflower w spray butter

Lunch:

Baked meatballs with tomatoes (I bake about 12 meatballs and have several servings out of it-- perfect microwave dish)

Caprese salad (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, tiny tiny bit of olive oil and vinegar)

Salad greens with low carb dressing

chicken salad with a few walnuts and grapes

Sometimes i'll make a packet of oatmeal or cream of wheat if I'm desperate; I also keep yogurt in my work fridge