Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions:

Hi ! My name is Samaura and I was banded on 11.8.10. This was a decision I never thought I'd make even though I've battled with my weight for most of my life. I've always been tall as a child and into adulthood now at 5' 11", I carried the weight differently but it also seemed like there was more room to pack on weight too! I was the baby in the family so my parents doted on me with food and other distractions and I never learned the right relationship with food. It was always my friend, never wrong and always there--killer combination; especially when I got to my teens. Once I got to college at around 235lbs I got down to 175 on Metabolife, a beer and pizza diet and walking everywhere I went. After school I had my first child at 24 and ballooned back and forth--up to as high as 316 lbs and as low as 250. Then I had my son 5 years later in 2009 and had reached a desperate 300lbs. I was an expert on how to lose weight but I couldn't keep it off. I was 30 years old with 2 kids and on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and depression. I went to a seminar in June 2010 and discovered that my insurance covered the band for me and literally I saw this as my chance and took it. I saw my surgeon in July, starting losing weight in September, was approved for surgery in October and was banded in November. So far I'm down to 254....I started eating solids a week ago and haven't lost a thing since then but I'm going in for an adjustment in a week hoping to get back in the zone. I'm happy you all are here, I'm new at this and trying to find my place but I have a feeling I'm not too far off..just a normal, full time working mother of 2 little ones trying to give myself the best chance I can so I can be here for them. It's awesome to see so many of us taking it one day at a time and doing the best we can!

weight.png[/img]

Hi ! My name is Samaura and I was banded on 11.8.10. This was a decision I never thought I'd make even though I've battled with my weight for most of my life. I've always been tall as a child and into adulthood now at 5' 11", I carried the weight differently but it also seemed like there was more room to pack on weight too! I was the baby in the family so my parents doted on me with food and other distractions and I never learned the right relationship with food. It was always my friend, never wrong and always there--killer combination; especially when I got to my teens. Once I got to college at around 235lbs I got down to 175 on Metabolife, a beer and pizza diet and walking everywhere I went. After school I had my first child at 24 and ballooned back and forth--up to as high as 316 lbs and as low as 250. Then I had my son 5 years later in 2009 and had reached a desperate 300lbs. I was an expert on how to lose weight but I couldn't keep it off. I was 30 years old with 2 kids and on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and depression. I went to a seminar in June 2010 and discovered that my insurance covered the band for me and literally I saw this as my chance and took it. I saw my surgeon in July, starting losing weight in September, was approved for surgery in October and was banded in November. So far I'm down to 254....I started eating solids a week ago and haven't lost a thing since then but I'm going in for an adjustment in a week hoping to get back in the zone. I'm happy you all are here, I'm new at this and trying to find my place but I have a feeling I'm not too far off..just a normal, full time working mother of 2 little ones trying to give myself the best chance I can so I can be here for them. It's awesome to see so many of us taking it one day at a time and doing the best we can!

weight.png[/img]

Hey All! Brenda from Idaho here. I had my surgery on November 18th, 2010. I have been doing pretty good, my surgeon has me on 3wks liquids, 3wks puree. I'm just now introducing some solids in.. YIPEE!

I have spent the last 10-12yrs over weight and have tried the usual weight loss methods, always able to lose but never able to maintain. I have HBP,HCL, PCOS, sleep apnea, Diabetes and depression (some of that due to a 16yr old step son with autism). My cousin had LB about 2 yrs ago and she's who inspired me to check this all out.

I plan to use this tool to the max, get to a healthy weight and live the life I have thought about for a long time. The eating right doesn't frighten me, its the part about getting my head in the right frame. food has always controled me so now I want to control it. I grew up in a family that food was HUGE. Any reunion you would think an entire city was coming to eat the way the counter was full of food and not small portions :D I have cooked for my family the same way. My husband used to wonder who all was coming for dinner when he'd see the feast before him!

My hubby needs to lose too and is on board with doing this with me. We have set up a small gym in our garage and work out together. Keeping more active and being a supportive eater is our goal with each other.

Pleased to meet the other November Bandsters!

Congratulations on starting this new journey. I am 34 with two kids so I understand the realization that the kids need you, not just today, but for a long period of their lives, even into adult hood. My fear also was the kids always having a fat mother who couldn't do anything with them. Your three hundred was probably like my 234 on my 5' frame. It was just too much and time for a change. I actually tried to get on Biggest Loser a few times but was afraid to leave my kids. So this was the next alternative, so here I am and I wish you the best of luck through the process of relearning food and how it relates to our bodies now.

weight.png[/img]

Welcome Brenda. I wish you the best of luck in this process. There are a lot of changes that come with being banded. With your PCOS you had an even larger uphill battle with getting the weight off once it is on. Congratulations with the lovely support you have from your husband and keep us posted on your progress.

Hey All! Brenda from Idaho here. I had my surgery on November 18th, 2010. I have been doing pretty good, my surgeon has me on 3wks liquids, 3wks puree. I'm just now introducing some solids in.. YIPEE!

I have spent the last 10-12yrs over weight and have tried the usual weight loss methods, always able to lose but never able to maintain. I have HBP,HCL, PCOS, sleep apnea, Diabetes and depression (some of that due to a 16yr old step son with autism). My cousin had LB about 2 yrs ago and she's who inspired me to check this all out.

I plan to use this tool to the max, get to a healthy weight and live the life I have thought about for a long time. The eating right doesn't frighten me, its the part about getting my head in the right frame. food has always controled me so now I want to control it. I grew up in a family that food was HUGE. Any reunion you would think an entire city was coming to eat the way the counter was full of food and not small portions :D I have cooked for my family the same way. My husband used to wonder who all was coming for dinner when he'd see the feast before him!

My hubby needs to lose too and is on board with doing this with me. We have set up a small gym in our garage and work out together. Keeping more active and being a supportive eater is our goal with each other.

Hey All,

I just want to introduce myself so I'm not a stalker..

I'm Liese, 35 years old, banded on 11/3/10. Married nine years, three kids, 12, 8 and 2. My preop weight was 259, I'm down to 220.

I feel like this is slow....I had hoped for faster weight loss. I've been filled twice and will like get another fill tomorrow. The fills are extremely painful, not the actual fill, but eating for an entire week after hurts like hell. Has anyone else had this experience? It feels like I've swallowed razor blades!

Its great to meet all of you and see how you're all doing. I hope you guys continue posting on this board!!

Liese

Hi my Name is Jen and I had my lapband surgery the day before Thanksgiving, it was a very had decision but im glad that I did.

I have not had a fill yet, and I dont know what to expect or how soon it should be done. I have only lost 20 pounds since the pre op diet.

Im trying to find a support group to talk to because this is all new to me, Im not sure if there is more that im supposed to be doing.

If anyone wants to talk or can suggest a support group I would appreciate it.

This is all new to me and im not sure if this is even posted correctly.

Thanks for everyones support and help

Jen

Hi Brenda, it's a pleasure to meet you too! I'm from Chicago and was banded 11/22/10. It really is great that you have your hubby as a partner who is in this with you and that you all are working out together. Support is a wonderful thing. I have a little support around me but it's not strong enough for my needs, but I am thankful for every little bit I can get!

To Liese, have you spoken to your doctor's office about the painfulness? Did they instruct you how consuming clear fluids for a couple of days? You should really follow-up with them.

To Jen, congratulations on losing the 20 pounds. Don't be too hard on yourself. That's what folks tell me too! For me, I started very slowing too (and still think it's slow), but I noticed when I would exercise (mostly the treadmill x 30 mins) and drank plenty of Water, the weight seemed to come off easier. As of now, I've lost 30 pounds and am watching and measuring, and logging everything I eat and do. Believe it or not, that makes a difference too. When you see what you've consumed it helps what and how much you decide to eat. Hang in there and keep us posted!!

Lastly, I've had one fill so far - on Jan 13 - 2.5cc in a 10c band. The procedure was painless!!

JaGo