Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Messed up and regained 50lbs!!! Need help starting over

I'm a stress eater and the past year has been been nothing but stress and no insurance so no fills... a little history.. I was Banded 1/6/10 I was doing GREAT was loosing so well I didn't have my first fill until 8/10 and thats where things went to hell...ever since then i've been able to eat more and eat stress foods...BAD foods.

the stressed....We moved from NJ to RI, which was something we had wanted for years got here and the family that wanted us here well didn't really it was just something they were saying to be nice and a marriage that was already having troubles got driven apart and my husband and I divorced. We have now moved 4 times since July 08 and all that has lead to a ton of fast food and stress eating. Life has calmed down a bit we are in our home now with my girlfriend how ever we are doing nothing but gaining together...

i've gained 50.7 back I had lost a full 100lbs!!!:smile2: I need some tough love to help me get back on my feet and back to living life again. I will finaly have insurance in December and am already making calls to doctors to get a fill. I want to feel like I did post op NOT HUNGRY!!!

Thanks for listening

I'm a stress eater and the past year has been been nothing but stress and no insurance so no fills... a little history.. I was Banded 1/6/10 I was doing GREAT was loosing so well I didn't have my first fill until 8/10 and thats where things went to hell...ever since then i've been able to eat more and eat stress foods...BAD foods.

the stressed....We moved from NJ to RI, which was something we had wanted for years got here and the family that wanted us here well didn't really it was just something they were saying to be nice and a marriage that was already having troubles got driven apart and my husband and I divorced. We have now moved 4 times since July 08 and all that has lead to a ton of fast food and stress eating. Life has calmed down a bit we are in our home now with my girlfriend how ever we are doing nothing but gaining together...

i've gained 50.7 back I had lost a full 100lbs!!!:smile2: I need some tough love to help me get back on my feet and back to living life again. I will finaly have insurance in December and am already making calls to doctors to get a fill. I want to feel like I did post op NOT HUNGRY!!!

Thanks for listening

I'm sure once you get a fill you will easily get back on track!

I was in the same boat as you. I had lost 80 pounds very quickly after getting banded And then proceeded to regain 50 of them back. I now have lost 40 of the 50 I had regained.

All I can say is start getting back on track now. Don't say you'll do it tomorrow, don't wait for a fill, just do it right now. I swear, the starting part is the hardest. After you start, you get into a routine and it's much easier. I don't love exercising and I definitely have a food addiction, and I acknowledge those things to myself. And then I just tell myself that regardless I'll need to exercise and I'll need to watch my compulsive eating. It's hard but you can do it. I've been blogging about what I've been doing, so feel free to check it out.

Also, there are links in my signature to the thanksgiving and new year challenges. Set a reasonable goal for yourself and join them.

Onehotmomma....that's one hell of a year you have had...so sorry for all the stress. As ISA stated...get back on the horse now...don't wait for that fill. Make a plan for yourself and don't let other's eating fast food or whatever get you off track. Respectfully ask others to not have your "trigger" foods available to you.

Hopefully your fill will make a difference for you. Getting back on plan, maintaining your band will hopefully bring some calm back in your life.

Thank-You! I hate feeling like I'm the only one who has been totally off track. I hit 195lb about a year ago and now I'm 233lb.

A lot of that was drinking, ice cream and cheesies. Went through a divorce and figured time to have fun now. But not fun now that I can't fit into my jeans.:)

Need to get back on track

My band tighten on me after a fill in 10/09, all was well until March and once or so each week I would have a problem until it was every meal every day. Got an unfil in July, but waited until Oct. to get another fill. Gained about 12 pounds, mostly from stress eating and all the jeans I bought last year are just a little tight. I am so mad at me and the even after the fill the scale is not coming down. I am FIGHTING the urge to get up and have a Cinnamon bun right now.:)

You must feel wretched about this. I suppose at the end of the day, its only weight. It can come on and come off, the same way it has always done. Its just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and regaining control.

You can do this. You need to remind yourself every time you got to eat inappropriately about what matters more.

Easier said than done, I need to remind myself of this today as well. Home from work, lack of routine and lots of junk has gone into my face. But if you succeed more often than you give in, then the weight will come off again.

Hi so I was apart of lapbandtalk.com. For some reason I cant remember my pw and I cant get them to send it through my email so I made a new account. So I was banded in Nov 2007. I went from 326 to my lowest 158. I went through a break up from with my bf of 4.5 years, moved, changed schools...just a whole big crazy mess. I also gained weight back and now I am at 200 pds again!!!! I didnt have ins for the past 2 years and I havent been able to go to the dr. I recently got back on my parents ins and monday I am going to have an upper gi bc I have no restriction. Im ashamed of myself. I want and will get back on track I just need something. I dont know what I can do....I need to lose this weight I gained.

Came back to this site to get back on track! Regained 40 of the 85 I lost and feeling like a horrible failure.

So I am back. I have not seen my doctor for over a year now and feel embarassed to call her. I know I have restriction, just have learned to "eat around" the band (drinking too). My plan of attack is to start listening to my body and just starting over. I know it is not going to be as easy as it was in the beginning, but am ready to start the journey again.

Thank you all for the posts..it is reasuring to find that I am not alone in this situation.

The best part though is that you all have the tool you need to lose that weight again...and quit punishing yourselves. The band only does part of the work (removing the hunger). The rest is up to us and, let's face it, it's just not that easy changing a lifetime of bad habits and eating whatever we want, whenever we want.

I still struggle with wanting to say "oh the hell with it" and go eat just because I'm tired of watching everything I put in my mouth. Some days I'm successful. Some days I'm not. But when I do screw up, I don't use it as an excuse to just keep eating. I get right back on plan.

To the OP...my heart goes out to you because I had a complete unfill at one point and don't even want to think about the quantities of food I ate during that week because of hunger. I was so relieved to get my fill back a week later. Hang in there!