Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been sick and feeling a little down

I had such grand plans of being able to start on some type structured exercise program after surgery, but I have been so sick with Bronchitis the last week and a half. I went into surgery on 10/19 at 276 lbs and when I was weighed on 11/1 by the nurse at my PCP's office I was down to 254 - which I think is great. But I am afraid that if I can't start exercising soon and get my appetite back, that my weight will hit a plateau or I'll just start losing muscle instead of fat. Because I feel so bad, every sip of Protein Shake and every bite of food nearly makes me gag. I'm on an antibiotic and cough Syrup (both are yucky), but I was wondering if anybody could recommend a hot tea or anything that will help me get my appetite back. I want to be healthy and I want to at least start walking. Also, I don't want to sound whinney, but I need a little encouragement. :eek: Thanks everybody!

I find that peppermint tea calms the tummy. Be gentle with yourself - You've made a lot of progress in a short time. It's ok to focus on getting over the bronchitis instead of losing weight. You need your energy to focus on fighting the bronchitis.

Best wishes,

Thanks CheckYes. I will definitely try the tea. I am willing to try anything right now just to get my appetite back. I know this sounds insane, but I feel like I am already failing my band.:eek:

I had such grand plans of being able to start on some type structured exercise program after surgery, but I have been so sick with Bronchitis the last week and a half. I went into surgery on 10/19 at 276 lbs and when I was weighed on 11/1 by the nurse at my PCP's office I was down to 254 - which I think is great. But I am afraid that if I can't start exercising soon and get my appetite back, that my weight will hit a plateau or I'll just start losing muscle instead of fat. Because I feel so bad, every sip of Protein shake and every bite of food nearly makes me gag. I'm on an antibiotic and cough Syrup (both are yucky), but I was wondering if anybody could recommend a hot tea or anything that will help me get my appetite back. I want to be healthy and I want to at least start walking. Also, I don't want to sound whinney, but I need a little encouragement. :eek: Thanks everybody!

Sun Rae. As you know we are all very different, but I will share something that really helped me with my stomach nausea and ill feeling. Recently, i had some problems with my belly and swelling I felt really bad and stomach could not hold much. First thing that i had to do was go easy on my tummy which i did liquids for 3 days. I read on a post that aloe vera juice has healing properties for the stomach I went out to Walgreens and purchased a gallon (cost about 10 bucks).

I drank about 3-4 oz at a time, 2 to 3 times a day. I am convinced that this made all the difference. I felt immediate relief. As I said we are all different and may not do anything for you, but it may be worth a try. jake

Edited by jakealta