Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP - weird pain in neck and left arm...

when I eat and drink. When I take a sip of something or swallow food I get this strange pain on the left side of my neck and it goes down my arm as the food/drink goes down and then it subsides.

Wierd or what? Also after drinking or eating I keep having to burp.

I get neck, shoulder, upper arm pain when something is stuck .... even a LITTLE stuck or if I am too tight. Time of month does it too me. I also hiccup/burp when I drink during this time. The pain goes away after it moves down, or up, whatever the case ends up being.

Lauren, I had the same thing... I ask my Dr. about it and he said it had to do with my Diaphram, that maybe I was sitting weird while I was eatting, or eatting to much, taking to big of a bite, or to big of a glup.. The diaphram gets irritated and you need to burp, and that can cause it to go away. I didnt really do anything about it and it just went away all on its own.

I've had that pain before, it's a very strong pain. I ate a handfull of Tums and it finally went away. My shoulder felt like I'd just gotten out of surgery, so I figured it had to be some type of gas issue.

I have it also in my left shoulder when I over eat or get too gassy, or drink something carbonated. I asked my doc and she said that a lot of nerves are around our stomach and those go up through our shoulders...just like the pain from the CO2 after surgery in our shoulders. I think our stomach and esophaugus get full and move the band around just enough to hit those nerves. One time when I had pneumonia I coughed so hard I thought I broke a rib, ended up being some main nerve I upset. Weird how nerve endings can cause us so much pain.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches