Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

rings and weight

Dear Friends, I want to get a ring for christmas while the stile I like is out there, the only problem is, It cant be sized.. I want to get this for when I get to my goal weight which could be a while from now, could you please post your weight and ring size? Im at 270 and my ring size is a 9. Maybe I can average the results and know what size to buy? This is a wierd question, but I dont want a ring I cant wear. Thanks.

Sadly you really cannot possibly know what your ring size will be, if indeed it will be any different. My ring size was the same 40kg (about 88lb) ago as it is now, I've never gained any weight on my hands. I've always had large fingers though.

You can get ring guards (little things you wear under a too big ring so it doesnt slip off you're finger) so perhaps if you get the ring to fit you now, you can later wear it with a guard if your fingers change size.

It depends on your frame as well. Even though I'm tall and every one thinks I'm big boned, I'm really medium. Right now I'm probably a size 7, 8 (can't fit into my wedding rings :) ) but when I reach below 200, my ring size goes to 5 1/2, 6.

I'm at 231 and my ring went from a 9 to a 7 already on my ring finger, left hand.

However, I tend to get pudgy little hands when I gain. You really have to figure it depending on your hands and yeah, use ring guards if it gets too big.

i would suggest getting the ring 1 or 2 sizes smaller than you wear right now. when you loose weight you can go have sizing balls put on the inside of the shank portion of the ring, this way they do not cut the ring and there is less chance of damage. all they do is solder a small drop of gold to the inside of the band, it is weird feeling at first but you get used to it and the ring is spared.

Good luck!!

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the info, I think I will keep an eye on the stock, (keep asking questions how long it will be around) and Probably buy a 7 when I need to. I never had a ring size lower than a 6 even when I weighed 140 so a seven sounds safe, and a ring guard would work if I needed another size bigger. Merry Christmas!

At my heaviest, I could not wear my engagement or wedding rings. Today, I can wear my engagement ring (size 7.5) but cannot wear my wedding ring (7.5 also). I have long fingers - and when I am below 200 pounds, they are skinny, but right now, they're still pudgy.

if i were you i would wait.. my wedding ring has a crossover type design that can only be resized up or down 1/2 a size. after 90 lbs its almost falling off.. and theres NOTHING i can do about it.

we talked about buying the same design.. but its not the same =(

"I wound not even buy Ring to you get down to your goal weight! because it's about $25 dollers to get sized,and there is no sence in guessing,all of my Ring's have to be resized they just fall off!

quart inch to spare.

"I have been giving alot of cloth away,however I find my self at Old Navy alot they really have some great deal's!

Good luck with your weight loss, keep on "pushing" forward and soon you will break through!:)