Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to the Doctor

Good Luck Angie! I had my gallbladder out and I would do it one hundred times over to avoid one of the nasty attacks. There really is not alot of pain after the surgery just tenderness. It is almost like having the band placed. They only side effect I had was diarrhea if I ate anything too greasy. But you should not have that problem. It will be OK. Hopefully your kidney stones are small enough that you can pass them on your own. Drink lots and lots of Water to produce more urine and get those stones out of you.

Angie you should do GREAT, and you are in so much better shape physically than you were 6 months ago when you had the lapband, that recovery should be even easier! Good luck hon...I'm guessing it will be after new years? Melissa

Ok well I saw Dr. B today and he sent me for a stat on my liver function. I am sitting here right now on pins and needles waiting to see if I am going to have SURGERY today! YEs you heard it! Surgery today! If my liver function is still elevated he is going to want to have me under the knife today and have it out. If now then we will be able to wait until after the holidays. Please wish me luck with this. I am so anxious it is killing me!!!!!

Angie

Shew, dodged that bullet! I dont have to have surgery today. My liver function looks a lot better now!!! YAY! Ok we are off to go watch King Kong. WOOT! TTYL!

Angie, my heart jumped when I read your first post, and then I caught my breath again after the second one! What a relief! I hope you feel well over the holidays and don't have any more attacks!

Girl why don't you scare someone....I am sooooo glad you don't have to have it today. Please keep up posted as to what is going on. Melissa is right you are so much better off then 6 months ago.

Good Luck with the Gall Bladder, I had mine out in 2004, so I know this will be one challenge I won't have to face. I hope Dr B can do it for you, if not Gastonia SUrgical is pretty good, they took out mine. I felt like my recovery was adequate. I do take all the paid time off I can from work too because I don't have ANY help, we are riding solo in NC.

They check the liver function by taking blood. They took out about 6 viles of blood to check all my stats. It was crazy I tell ya! I was woozy. Dr. B can do it and will schedule it after the holidays. He is a great Surgeon and I respect him very much. I feel very comfortable now knowing he can do this for me. Just hope and pray my gallbladder stays fine until after the 2nd of January.

Angie