Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will doctor fill?

Hi everyone.

I have my first appointment since my two week post-op on Tuesday. I am not sure if I will have my first fill or not...or if he will even ask. I had surgery on 09/02/10 and have lost 21 lbs. Most of the loss was a week/week and a half after surgery. In the last six weeks, I have lost 10lbs. I have pretty good restriction once I start eating, but lately I have been craving things I shouldn't eat (ice cream, chips, candy, etc). And I have given in a few times. I am not sure if a fill will help with that either. If he doesn't ask, should I? When I eat the right foods (which I usually do), I get full very quickly and stay full for a while. Do you see how confused I am? Please help and Thanks!

Based on the questions my doctor's office asks I'm not sure they will do a fill. If you are not really hungry but are having head cravings the band is not going to help you. I am asked: If you eat 4oz are you full or do you stop eating because the food is gone? Can you go 5 hours before you are hungry? Are you loosing 1-2 pounds per week?. Based on what you've posted it seems like you don't really need a fill. But I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV.

You've done great with the weight loss! Congratulations, and good job!

Now, your band can't tell you what to eat or what not to eat. If you're used to eating a lot of carbs, you are going to crave carbs like crazy!!! Sure, you can have that junk food once in a while, but you shouldn't make a habit of eating that stuff all the time.

As per your other question, my doctor does a fill every six weeks until you're losing consistently and eating three half-cup meals a day without getting hungry in between meals. When I first got my band, my doctor had me make an appointment to get a fill whenever I stopped losing at least 2 pounds per week.

If it hasn't been six weeks since your surgery, you probably won't get a fill this early. However, you never know. Maybe you should call back and ask them what their system is - they probably have a better answer for you, since they know your doctor and the way he/she works.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches