Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice for 1st fill??

Any advice for a first time fill 10/25?

I have a really busy social life this week and will be eating out several times. I'm a little worried and would like some direction on managing my band and menu.

Thanks all - LapBand Talk has been a life saver in so many ways:wub:

You'll probably find you can still eat the same way after if this is your first fill, but just be cautious. bread usually becomes a problem after you start getting fills, but if you take small bites, chew well and don't drink with meals, you should be fine.

I usually wait 15-30 seconds (or more) between bites just to make sure the previous one went down with no problem.

Melody

Order salad! Or even foods with lots of Water in them lol. Like Elfie said, try to avoid breads - having food stuck is horribleee.

I also agree on the waiting between bites part. Sometimes you don't know how something is going to sit on your band, so if you shovel it down before it gets there you'll have that problem all at once.

Also don't feel inclinded to eat the whole thing. Try to order 'small' things and don't be afraid to take some home with you.

All the best,

WrenBird.

I just recently had my first fill and noticed absolutely no difference afterwards.

I also like to go out to eat at least once a week. I try to order off the kids menu, an appetizer, or share with someone. Olive Garden's Tour of Italy is perfect for two once you add in the salad and breadsticks (for the other person, of course).

While I have no sense of restriction yet, I am trying to train myself to eat like I do, so I have several small food items a day. I am loosing an average of 2 lbs a week already.

Good luck, everyone!

Non-chunky Soup is always my go-to at restaurants. It's great for after fills or anytime, the easiest way to guaranty no stuck episodes.

Going to parties with lots of appetizers, don't eat anything. Sounds extreme but honestly, it's the best way to keep from careless grazing and getting blindsided. I'm not saying I do this all the time, but post-fill for sure. And it's easier than it sounds.

Good luck.

Your first fill will probably not provide restriction (but for a lucky few it does). You should be fine. I like to order off the appetizer menue. Something high in protien, low in carbs. A hamburger without the bun might be a good option. I also like to order seafood (scallops, shrimp, fish). Enjoy your meals!

You can eat after your filll? I am soooo jealous. Just had my first fill Friday and am still only allowed clears until tomorrow and then cottage cheese and yogurt and such for another week! I am sooooo hungry!

The first fill is likely to be pretty anticlimactic; your belly might be a little tender at the insertion site of the needle, but beyond that, you aren't apt to feel a great deal of ...well, anything else.

It wasn't until the third fill that I ran into food issues post-fill. From that point on, I really did have to take it easy post-fill. But the first two fills were simply stepping stones.

My big advice would be not to get discouraged if you feel as though there is no real change. Keep in mind that the fill does, indeed, get you closer to where you want to be, even if its effects are imperceptible.

Each and everyone of you is dear to me.

Thanks for the advice.:blushing: