Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i was banded on 10/12. The first week was awful, i was in pain! could barely move etc. This is my second week, I am still sore and have no energy. I am sleeping like 14 hours a day. Since surgery Ive gotten my days and nights mixed up. I lie awake all night, fall asleep around 5 am, wake up with my daughter at 6 am until 7 when she goes to school and then sleep again until 4 when she gets home from school. a few days after surgery, i started feeling this burning painful sensation about two inches below my port site. seriously painful, almost dropped me to my knees when i walked. My doc said it was prolly just irritation. i had my doubts then. now i still have pain in that area but not in my incisions. otherwise im feeling pretty good as far as that is concerned. still no energy tho.

Is this normal??? to be so tired this many days post op??? To not be able to sleep at night??? Shouldnt I be back to normal???

It depends a lot on how you respond to pain, surgeries and such. I'd say to still be in some pain and tired inside 2 to 3 weeks of the surgery would still be normal and not cause for concern. Likewise, to feel great 3 days later is normal, lucky but normal.

That strong port pain, I had that for quite a while, it could really hurt. I would twist or bend and this burning pain would result. It was somewhat tender and subject to strange pains for months.

Hi I was banded 10-07-10 and have that same pain, it is very slowly easing up. It is really depressing after almost 3 weeks to still have such a pain. It is not present all the time, but once I bend or stretch in a certain way, it's like a hot knife. I understand what you are talking about and am glad to see someone else who had it and it finally went away.

Yeah, I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and wondering about different sensations now.

I feel "full" just under my left breast (under my ribcage) and along the port. The port also feels REALLY close under my skin and feels "loose"...I hope it isn't getting ready to "flip" as I've heard some people describe.

My incisions also feel funny. Like when I go on my 30 minutes walk, I feel pressure around them. I guess maybe that's just the scar tissue still building up and when I walk (and unfortunately still jiggle...LOL) the scar tissue is pulling???

Anyway, if anyone can comment about both of these concerns of mine, I'd appreciate it. As I said, it's not really pain, just pressure and pulling. Normal - yes or no?

Thanks all!

I was extremely tired for about 12 days post op....once you start drinking mre fluids and taking your Vitamin again, you get all the energy back. Good luck!

I was extremely tired for about 12 days post op....once you start drinking mre fluids and taking your Vitamin again, you get all the energy back. Good luck!

Thats good to know. Pre-Op i was walking 3 miles a day...now I have ZERO energy.

i had my surgery 4 weeks ago and i guess i am having that same pain. mine is below my port, all of sudden i will feel something, not sure what type of pain it is. it is good to see that it will go away eventually. i don't want to be a baby and keep calling my dr's office, so i am trying to hold off until i go for my fill on 11/9. also the tiredness and no energy you feel, it took me 3 weeks to get over that feeling. i am just starting to feel normal again.