Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Army wife looking for buddy/Mentor any location

Hi,

Looking for anyone and any stage. Just looking to encourage and be encouraged. I don't have a preference of location because I am an Army wife who wont be in the same location through this journey. I am 34 years old and have no children. Not by choice. One of the many complications of being "fat". AS of today I am 6 days post op and having a pretty emotional time. I have a wonderful supportive husband but with him being 6'4" and a whole 190lbs his whole life its a little hard for him to understand. He tries!! Just let me know!!

Hi, you are far ahead of me. I had the consultation, but need to change to Fed BCBS come Jan in order to have the surgery as planned in February. I was in the Navy a loooong time ago and had twins, messed up my beautiful body and it has been downhill since...I am here to give/receive support. I took the job I have now because it allows me to continue to travel whenever. So, I understand moving around completely.

Hey MJV...the time shortly after surgery can be a very emotional time. Hang in there, follow all your doc's order and "rules". All this will come together for you...just have faith and stay positive.

If you want, you can PM me or email me. Or we can talk on this thread. Fire away with any questions or concerns that you might have.

This is not an easy journey but so worth it all. Some days can be tough but once you get on your way, there are soooooooooooo many good days that will change how you feel about things. The self-confidence picks up, you start having more energy.

Best peice of advice I have at this point is to get moving and stay as busy as you can. Walking really helps a person to get stronger and to stay motivated.

Hugs on your difficult issues on having a family. Keep on working towards reducing your weight...maybe that will make the difference for you.

I see this is an old post, but I am also looking for a buddy for support. I am an Air Force wife and have a 13 yr old and a 1 yr old "band baby". Now I'm done breast feeding and have a full band again and having a little more trouble than b4 I had her.

Tfritz, I was banded 5 days ago. I am an Air Force wife stationed in San Antonio. I'd love to be your buddy and support each other!

Hello Mjv013. My name is Richard and I live near Santa Barbara California. I'll be your buddy if you like. I was banded on Aug 6 and so far close to 75 pounds off since I started. I lost 34 pounds prior to surgery using Protein shakes and small dinner salads. Then surgery and another 41 pounds since band day. I try to log in daily and share my advice and seek advice from others. I'm a civilan salaried employee working at Vandenberg AFB in Mission Operations (missile launch Range Safety)

Best wishes and Keep the Faith