Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I get ahead of myself when I bought these clothes?

I'm 3 weeks post op, not losing a damn pound after the first 5 days and really frustrated. I lost somewhere between 9-11 pounds within the first week of surgery, but it has stopped dead for the past two weeks. I'm trying to be an optimist here and hope that once I get a fill next Tuesday that I'll turn the corner finally and start to lose some pounds. I'd like to not say that this was a f*&$% mistake each morning when I get on the $%^& scale.

I ordered a new pair of ski pants and a vest from LL Bean today in sizes not seen on my body in years. I bought the pants in a large which they say is a 14-16 and I wear and 18 easily. I got the vest in an XL which they say is an 18, but it's fitted and I have boobs! I would have normally gone for a 2x and I boldly passed up even the 1X. Do you experienced banders think that I have a real chance of dropping a size by Christmas day? That is a little more than two months. I'm committed, I just hope the band does it's part too. I'm really looking for some positive stories here people. I have to have something to grasp besides sides of my scale which is about to be tossed out my damn window. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by Christmas. ( think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts!)

:thumbup:You can do it you may be at least one size smaller by thanksgiving. I've already gone down one size and my one month is on the 28th. just get out and walk anywhere you can and you will see. drink at least one Protein Shake per day as well.

yes you can!!! :cursing: I bought a size 16 august 3rd.....was wearing an 18 at the time. the 16's were tiiiight! haha today those 16's are so big I had to safety pin them! so I think you can totally do it :huh2: MAKE SURE YOU WORK OUT! it changes your shape and helps with the weight loss :mad:

I am on my second fill so not great restriction. I lost 17 pounds in the weeks following surgery and then things really slowed down. I have lost about 3 pounds since second fill. However, I have gone down in size more than the scale suggests. I have several suit jackets that did not fit 2 weeks ago (too tight to wear); that now fit. I think exercising has a huge effect on reduced body size even though the scale is not moving. I would also check out the customer comments on the Bean website. Many people comment how True to size items are.

Thanks for the positive stories. While the scale of doom says I'm not doing anything but staying idle, my shorts and pants are loose which is such a great feeling. I was thinking that I should wait to order the clothes in a month or so, but they will be sold out and I want to look at what I need to fit into everyday before Christmas so I can have that extra motivation. It will be so nice not to be as big as a snowman coming down the slopes.

Weight loss can be had prior to fills, but it is through the tried and true "diet and exercise"--which is the way we lose WITH restriction as well. But you'll also be relying more on willpower than you will have to when you get to restriction.

You had a big loss that first week after surgery. Your body got lots of fluids. You were on a crash diet. Now you are probably shifting back to foods. Get off the scale! Only get on it once a week at a maximum. Quit beating yourself up.

Glad to hear your clothes are looser! Often for me when my weight plateaued, my size would change.

Yeah, I know I have to stay away from the scale. My husband is bugging me about it, the program director told me too. Its just so damn hard to stay away. I won't get on it this week. I promise!

It's so hard to predict! I stayed in the same size forever, then BAM! I lost sizes like mad. You might whiz right by the sizes you have. But hopefully you'll get bit of time to enjoy them :)

For me its been reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll slow going. Ive been struggling with the 1st 6lbs lost for 2 months. I have realized that I need to do a real "diet" just like before the band until I get restriction. That seems to be the only way to go, until restriction does its part. So, if your slow going like me, follow the recommendations of your doctor to a "T" and exercise it up, and youll be there in no time. :)