Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some support

I got banded March 16th 2009. I have had successful weight loss. I have lost 75 lb. I have gone through many ups and downs with the loss. (As we all do, it's hard work). I was feeling so good and so healthy. I was going to a personal trainer once a week and doing at least 30 min at the gym everyday. Then something happened, and I don't know what. I have no motivation at all. I never want to go to the gym, I don't eat well. I have gone back basically to my life before my lapband. Getting my lapband was the best decision I have ever made and don't want to gain all that weight back. Has anyone ever lost their way. And if you have please let me know how you got back on track. The memory of the great feeling, extra energy, and lack of self loathing just isn't enough anymore. Also... is it possible that I am gaining weight (and eating more) if I am too full? I had 4cc's and was doing great. Now I have 5 1/2 and don't do as well. Should I get the Fluid removed? I regurgitate quite often.

Throwing up often is not good at all. Evaluate what is going on with that. Did you eat something your stomach just can't tolerate? Did you forget to chew? ........

As for getting back on track, get out all the information they gave you pre-op and read it again. Start over.

Maybe even do a day of clear liquid, a day of creamy liquid, a day of mushies ........

Find some new sort of exercise .......

Just start over in general and see if that helps.

WHen you say you are eating more - what types of foods are you able to eat more of? I would say you are not necessarily too full unless you can't eat at least a cup of food a sitting and stay satisfied between meals. You shouldn't feel hungry at all --- now there is a definate difference between eating b/c you are bored/upset/happy and eating because you are hungry....I literally am very rarely ever truely hungry....I eat my three meals and am satisfied...sometimes I eat some cheese or a few nuts throughout the day to try and boost my Protein...as when you are getting a lot of Protein (at least 50-60g, more if you can get it in) you will see better weight loss and lots more energy, too.

I found when I was kinda faltering....eating more junk food and falling into old habits again, that it helped me to get a MAgic Bullet and some Protein shake mixes and extra Protein powder to add more...and be creative. I like the taste of the Herbalife mix (and can get it cheaply on ebay) - so my favorite is 2 scoops of the chocolate, a tbs of Peanut Butter or PB2 (powdered peanut butter), tbs sugar free choc pudding, 6 oz skim milk, extra Protein Powder, and about 4-6 oz ice. I first mix everything but the ice together - then add the ice and blend it all up - makes a nice thick shake....not frothy or anything...and the flavor reminds me of a Reece's PB Cup. LOL It's a great treat and I found if I add more protein to it (unflavored) I can get 30 grams in the shake and it sticks with me for a LONG time....PLUS I feel like I got a fabulous shake from dairy queen AND it is healthy! Win win win situation all the way around! I take the tropical fruit flavored mix from herbalife and mix it with some OJ, extra protein powder, a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, and some frozen fruit in the mornings...it is heavenly! Be creative - it keeps things insteresting! And there are TONS of fabulous sugar free pudding flavors to use - cheesecake is one of my faves with the choc shakes, too...just takes about a tbs to add the taste wonderfully.

Hang in there - we were banded about the same time...my date is March 23,2009....PM me if you have questions or wanna chat!

Kim

I think a mistake many of us make is believing that motivation is somehow required in order to have success.

It's not.

We do tons of things every single day that aren't all that much fun, and for which we have no real motivation. We just do them because they need to be done. We brush our teeth. We go to work. We take out the trash. We empty the litter box. We vacuum.

None of those things are particularly inspiring, but they produce a result we want--so we do them.

The same can be said for ALL of the actions that support weight loss. Only the results they produce are far, far more valuable, because they give us our health, our well-being, and far more satisfaction than most things we do

JUST DO IT. You're out of the honeymoon phase now, and you simply have to make the commitment to do what is necessary to promote loss and maintenance.

By all means, discuss your fill level with your doctor. It is possible to gain when too tight; higher-calorie slider foods can become the norm, making it much harder to lose.

But also take a good look at your food choices. Are you making the right ones? Eating in appropriate amounts? How about exercise?