Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New...and soo grateful!

hi there, i'm so glad i found you all here! In 8 days i'll have my Lap Band surgery. I'm just finishing my 7th day on the pre-op diet. BLECH! i'm hungry and grumpy but know its an ends to a means...so its ok! I've also lost 12 lbs so thats an upside!

I have lots of weight to lose and pray that this is the last thing i ever try! i'm already thinking about starting c24k...but not sure when i should plan to begin that...any advice on that?

my stats...here they are.

i'm 34 yrs old

5'1 and a week ago was 270lbs (today 258)

i wear a 22-24 or 3x my bmi is 50.

i am looking forward to getting to know your stories..and being inspired by you all!

Hi there bandedtemple...welcome to the world of banded people. I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 it's going ok now it was very hard the first couple of weeks but I feel pretty good now. I can eat most things now i haven't gotten sick (thrown up) yet, I try not to push it, I try not to over do it. I can tell when i've overdone it because I feel like theres something stuck in my throat but it's just a annoyance more than anything else like painful etc. I've lost about 15 lbs probably could lose more if I started excercising and uh stopped eating ice cream. funny thing is I have deprived myself of these things for years because I knew I would gain weight and feel guilty but I wanted this band because i was tired of always feeling like i was one day away from failing yet another attempt at losing weight, i'd lose then i'd gain it right back. I hope and pray like you said that this is the last thing i ever have to try, it does help me to control my food intake and I feel satisfied with what i am eating. keep us posted on your journey. I'd like to know how you feel at the beginning. right after surgery.

thanks so much for responding! my lone responder! lol

anyway, i'll for sure let you know how i'm feeling afterwards..a little worried about how long i'll be down for the count since ihave a one year old daughter and a four year old son. so life around here isn't too quiet!

man am i hungry! can't wait til this preop diet is over!

You'll be up and around in 2 days! it's really a quick recovery. I'm not saying you'll be running around and feeling 100% but after the first 2 days I felt like going to the store...etc. I could have returned to work in 2 weeks but mentally it was good for me to take my full 4 weeks of approved time off because it gave me time to come to terms with the mental part of not being able to eat like my work friends anymore and not be mad at them because they could still eat whatever they wanted to. You will be ok a couple of days after surgery, oh warning there may be some residual pain from the gas I had a bad pain in my left shoulder for 2 weeks but it finally went away. anyways keep me posted. !!!