Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Charlotte Chat Time!!!

Everything is going to be late this year. I'll mail cards and packages tomorrow. I think things not working out as I'd planned was God's way of having me remember what we're celebrating and taking the emphasis away from the material aspect of it.

WOW There is so much going on with everyone!

I had a lump on my wrist also and it hurt like heck. It was a ganglion(SP)cyst. I had it removed and at the same time had carpal tunel surgery. I'm fine now, but I could do the dishes for 3 weeks.....OH NO.......

I have been on the predisone since Tuesday but I have not been able to take all 3 tabs every day, so that will extend my use. I am to tired right now to take it I really want to sleep tonight more than 4 hours! So tomorrow AM I will take it and runnnnnnnnn.........to get everything done. It it so wierd though I am coughing again!!!

Well I think I'm going to bed I'll just get up early and take the meds and finish everything.

Hang in there everyone.

Loretta called yesterday to say Merry Christmas. She sounds good. Got another fill, everything went perfect. She says she'll be meeting with us next time.

HOHOHO Love you guys, I am blessed to have each and everyone of you in my life...another God thing HUH....

Merry Christmas

Alright...Christmas is over and I am another year older. UGH!!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We did it was busy as always but VERY nice. Curtis was so excited this year...it was so much fun.

How is everyone doing? Are we ready for a new year?

I posted a before and after pictures on the thread of before and after. Thought it would be nice to see the difference and I can honestly say it was good to do it because I can really see it now.

Oh side note here...gained 2 pounds this week. OOps....but I can say it was good. How bad is that....I can say I need a partial fill I can eat TOO much. See Dr. V on the 3rd so I will probably get some.

Ok...have to finish some clothes to fold and get ready for work tomorrow.

Everyone have a good night and I will "chat" tomorrow.

Kim, I don't think I'd get too worked up over 2 pounds :) I'm going to go look at your before and after pictures. Since I see you shrink before my eyes, I'm sure those pics are awesome!

Another year older? When was your birthday; and Happy Belated Birthday at that!

Christmas was kind of quiet, but really nice. Work is going to be very quiet this week, which is also nice!

OMG Kim! That is absolutely awesome! :banana :banana :banana :banana

Hi everyone...Oy Vey, we made it through Christmas. It was wonderful and loud and fun and exhausting. the surprise visit with my brother and family was perfect and made everything even better!

There is a bit of a stomach bug floating around the family. I got it first...Friday night felt kinda yucky, rumbly in the tummy (which doesn't help the erosion paranoia, right?) then Sat I got a low grade fever...100.6... and a bit of diarrhea. Sunday was fine, just tired. Now hubby and my sister have it. It isn't bad, just makes you feel yucky. Goes away pretty fast. Hubby's at work so it isn't that bad. I guess it hit me the hardest. My sister was able to sleep for 6 hours yesterday, something I would never get away with, so she's on the mand. Thank goodness there was no nausea or vomiting. Just lower intestinal upset. It's over now.

Other than that, fun times. Happy Birthday Kim! I promise, it just gets better as you get older. I'm gonna go see your before/after pics now.

(((HUGS))) everyone!!!

Oh I wasn't upset about the 2 pounds..I was actually that was all I gained. :) Actually got on the scale this morning and they were already gone. So no biggie there.

I turned 32 on Monday. Where does the time go? It seems to go faster each year.

We take Curtis to the Dr tomorrow for his follow up. This should be fun he is going to do a rectal exam...OH NO!!!! He sees an ENT on the 10th so this should take care of his ears. I hope.

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures...it has really made me see a difference. It has really made me look at what I have been doing the last few weeks and now I have to buckle down and get the rest of this weight off. I want to be a size 12 or at least a 14 by next June 06. I know I can do it. (Especially having you guys supporting me.)

Ok where is eveyrone else? I think Dianne is out of town... Melissa? Angie how are you feeling? Starr has just forgotten us. Sherrie? Jennifer? Magic? Come out Come out where ever you are.....

For those who weren't at our last lunch mark your calendars now for next month....For those of you up near Greensboro we are meeting towards north Charlotte so the drive want be as long. It's going to be Sat Jan 28th @ Fridays right off the exit at Harris Blvd. I think the exit is like 45..I know it's the 3rd exit after Concord Mills. :) I can get directions the closer it gets but I want everyone that can to make it....

Oh enough for one sitting...chat later.

Okay, who is left? Karen and jennifer? jennifer...it's RNY for you, right? Magic was magical and got in under the wire...I just read her thread that she's banded. Hey, whatever happened to the Charlotte girl that posted she wanted to meet some bandsters and didn't seem to come back?...what's her name? Who else is floating around out there in Charlotte bandland? Can I ramble some more or should I just go to bed? Huh? Who? G'night!!!

Good golly Kim...I just saw your Before/After pics...wow!!! You go girl!!!

Thanks Kathy...I was so excited after seeing this change...but like I said I couldn't see it until Mike put the pictures beside each other for me.

Happy Wed everyone!!!!

Wow, I leave for a while and have a bunch to catch up on. Christmas was great! We are in Va right now and will be heading home in the morning, thank god! I am exhausted!!!! Then I get to call Dr. Bauman and schedule my surgery! YAY! Aren't you excited for me? :) Kim, I am going to look at your picture, and happy belated bday. I hope you are feeling better Kathy! And hello to everyone else. I will chat more and let you all know what I got for christmas when I get back!! Luv ya!

Angie

You look beautiful Kim! Keep up the great work. Hey when I get back I may do it as well. I don't seem to see the difference either? :)

You look beautiful Kim! Keep up the great work. Hey when I get back I may do it as well. I don't seem to see the difference either? :)

Thanks Angie... you should I can see a huge difference you. You are looking GOOD girl.

My husband kept fussing about my user name being my actual name. As of now, I (Karen) will be known as Mrs Sabre in "honor" of my Honda Shadow Sabre motorcycle :)

I keep getting logged off; so my posts will be short until I can figure out why.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm heading to WV this weekend to Celebrate a belated Christmas with my folks. I'm ready to start the New Year!

Okay, but you still need to leave the Bubble Butt. That is too funny! You should add Karen to your sig...above your height/weight...but I like Mrs Sabre. You look cool on your bike, man. Woohoooo!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches