Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Charlotte Chat Time!!!

Oh Karen I am so glad the program went good. I thought about you...and really wanted to come but I have so much to do that I couldn't get away. Maybe I can catch it next year.

Dianne how are you feeling today? Any better?

Melissa...I have those days also. It's the season for little problems to pop up. Gotta love them.

Went to the chiropractor yesterday to get my back fixed and I have something down in my lower back. I have to go 2 days a week for the next 2 - 3 weeks. If it helps me then I am there. I felt a little better yesterday but today it's back to hurting. Not being able to advil is killing me that is the only thing that helps me. Oh well life goes on...

My dad will be here thursday....we are so excited to see him. None of us like this job and I don't know how mom and him do it but they are making it work.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!!

Between illness, injury, surgery, and plain old holiday chaos, this hasn't been the easiest Christmas season for most of us! I pray we all have a happy, healthy, prosperous, and peaceful New Year! :)

Anyone making resolutions? I don't usually, but this year I'm going to resolve to get my life re-organized!

I need to make that same resolution! LOL Dr. Baumans office just called and I missed my nutritional appointment. I swear I thought it was at 1pm...nope at 11! So rescheduled for next week.

Melissa

It's the week before Christmas, and I'm still working at 6:30 pm :( It looks like the rest of my week is going to go this way too. Oh well, I'd best get back to it; the sooner I get it done, the quicker I can go home!

I love this yakking!!!

Well I broke down and started the predisone today...PLEASE PRAY that I don't gain!! I am so scared that I will. I hate this fear of numbers!! It's what got me screwed up years ago. I called the dr.s office thinking that they would say new antibiotic and hold of on steriod. But no, they said the anti is in my system for 10 days and that I do need to take the steriod. I still hesitate and think that if I feel better tomorrow morning I'll stop and just take expectarent (sp). OK here I am yakking to much sorry. I just am really upset about this!

So is everyone done with shopping, wrapping, cleaning and baking! I did some internet shopping this afternoon, not enough to keep me out of the stores though.

So who is having company over and who is going somewhere? We have Garry's whole family coming here starting Friday, Saturday there will be 11 sleeping here!! Then on Tuesday we are off to NJ till the 2nd.

Any news Angie?

Kim sorry to hear about your back! DON:T miss those appointments!

Have a good night, There is a BaBa Waters special on tonight about heaven.

Dianne, don't worry over the prednisone. My daughter had walking pneumonia (at age 6!) last month and the doc gave her the antibiotic and liquid pred. She was much better in just a few days! It really helps. Take it like the doc ordered, and please don't stop now! You have 11 people at your house over the weekend...you need to feel your best! Throw out the scales until you have been on and then off the pred for a week. You will pee like a racehorse for a few days after the pred is done and then you will know it's safe to get on the scale. Your weight loss journey is for the long haul. A little temporary Water weight gain won't hurt you...really!!!!!

Warning: long and complicated plans ahead...

I got a call today from my sister-in-law from Texas. Shhhh...it's a surprise! She, my brother and my 16yo niece are driving in to Charlotte late tomarrow night! Yay! Our Christmas is complete! So noone knows but me. Geez! Talk about pressure! I have my dad coming over for coffee tomorrow night, then I gave hubby the heads up that me and dad need to go out and do something secret after 11pm. Please don't freak out...we'll be back. Fine. So I'll wait for the call, load up dad, stop and get my sis, and meet them at the Cracker Barrel on Billy Graham. They will be so happy! We will get my bro and bring him back to my house. He'll go home with my dad and stay there with him. My SIL and niece will drive on to her sisters house in South Charlotte for the weekend.

THEN! My Mom and her fiance (yes, drama at our house this Chistmas...lets just add the new fiance to the family pic this year, huh? sigh. Wish I didn't like him so much, right? He's a great guy.) Anyhow, Mom still doesn't know. I called her today and said..."I just talked with Cathy. Her Mom is coming into town from Tx with our gifts so she doesn't have to ship them. Can you come have hamburgers Friday night and stop by the sister's house to pick up our gifts? We'll send ours back with her when she goes back after Christmas...they'll be late but it's okay" blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. So Mom will go to the sister's house and find her Daughter-in-law and Granddaughter there...Get in her car and come up for burgers. Surprise! And we'll all be together Friday night. With the new fiance.

Let's just add to the plate! Then we'll be together again on Christmas day here. That's 14 people Friday night and Christmas day. Time to go grocery shopping?

Karen: I'm so glad your Christmas musical is going so well. God is so faithful, I love to see His Spirit move. Bless you for using your talents.

Angie: I posted about your surgery on the other thread...keep us updated!

Melissa: you sound like me with appoinyments. It's a busy time of year to be scheduling these things! But, they are important. I wish I had a nutritionist following along with me. Ya'll all be thankful for your insurance! Me and Sherrie will ride your coat tails, okay?

Kim, I really hope your back feels better. Yuck. Do you like the Chiro? I have always wanted to get adjusted several times over a month and see if I can just get a better feeling of well-being. They say so many things can be out of whack and cause problems all over...sinuses, allergies, digestive system issues, foot pain, etc. I hope that works for you. If I were desperate enough, I'd drink an adult dose of the liquid and wash wash wash it through with plenty of Water to keep it off the stoma, ya know? I wonder if your doc would allow that? You don't need it everyday, right? Might be worth it?

Pat, that sounds so nice...even just one night away at the beach with the girls would be worth the drive! How fun! How far is it to the Outer Banks from here...isn't it an 8-9 hour drive? Yowza! I'd love to do it. It doesn't even have to be summer!

Okay, I need to wrap one gift tonight...then I'm hitting the sack! Night all!!!

WOW Kathy...sounds like you are going to be busy. Good Luck on all of that!!! To answer your question about my chiro..I Love Him!!! I have been going to on and off for 4 yrs. He has fixed Mike's knees so he didn't have to have surgery. He has helped my carpel tunnell. He helped both my sister and I when were pregnant and had that nerve problem. I even got my mom to go and he has helped her alot. Him and his wife are in practice together. I would say if you think you need an adjustment you probably do. Find a good one...it's worth it.

Well if things couldn't get worse...Curtis wake up 5 times last night each time complaining of his ears and his hinny. So guess what that means for me today...DOCTORS!!! Boy those offices love me. I think the next step is tubes for him. Lets hope that will be the first of the year. I go to the dr for my back tomorrow...lets hope it starts feeling better. It feels a little better today so maybe it will get even better tomorrow.

For Christmas...it's always busy. We go to my parents Christmas morning and then the in-laws in the afternoon. I love having family here but on hoildays it gets to be too much. We don't have any time to ourselves that day and Curtis is getting mad because he sees what Santa brought him and then we leave and don't get home til late. So next year this mom is putting her foot down and we will start spending some time at home first and then we will go to everyone's house. I know that's mean but they see us all year long it's not like they are coming from out of town. Is that mean? Plus we have to go to both houses on Christmas Eve as well....

Dianne have fun up in NJ...I didn't realize you were going to be gone..I know you will enjoy your trip. Isn't that were you are from? I could be worng.

Melissa...do I need to get you a calendar? I am just as bad....I have to admit if I don't have that card or write it down I forget!!!!

Happy Wed everyone!!!!

So next year this mom is putting her foot down and we will start spending some time at home first and then we will go to everyone's house. I know that's mean but they see us all year long it's not like they are coming from out of town. Is that mean? Plus we have to go to both houses on Christmas Eve as well....

Way to put your foot down, Mom. I agree. See noone till noon!!!!! We are fortunate...we have the youngest kids on my side so everyone comes here. I just need to get the house clean and do some cooking. Hubby's family always gets together the week before, so we are all on our own Christmas Day. Works perfectly! We will leave for worship Service Christmas morning (11am) this yeart, then everyone is coming over. Perfect! It isn't mean, it's right. good for you! Can you get away with doing that this year? :(

Let us know about Curtis. Bless his little heart. Don't ever let me complain, ya know? He is inspirational. And so are you!

I'll have to check my insurance on the Chiro. I think I need to save my $$$ though.

happy Wed!!!

Wow Kathy and Diane you guys are all full in the inn for Christmas. :eek: We are home all day Christmas. Planning to go to the Christmas eve service, but not sure I'll make it to the christmas day one...the kids will not be pleasant after no sleep ....or is that me? We are going to the inlaws new years weekend, but we are driving down Friday and coming back Sunday...yah...no long visit. I can only take so much of my mother in law....because I'm just not perfect like her. Tomorrow I'll be cooking all day...gotta make the Cookies and crapola for the work gang. I'll let you know what all I manage to get made. Took the kids out to Northlake and saw Narnia today. Not really fond of the mall so far, prefer concord mills. And the theater wasn't that good as far as service goes...which is suprising since its an AMC theater. Maybe they are still learning how to be nice. I discovered I have a kinda of movable lump like ball of something on my left hand just below my wrist today. It only hurts occassionally.. or if I mess with it.....so of course I have to mess with it all of the time to make sure it still hurts when i do. LOL And as far as my appointment went...it was on my calendar...I just wrote down the wrong time...I wrote down 1 pm instead of 11 am. I was even off work and had told someone I could fill in for them because of the appointment. Just blame it on the stress of the holidays or my terrible penmanship I guess. Well I need to head to bed soon my eyes are watery I'm so tired. Melissa

Melissa you should get that bump checked out. I want to say my mom had one and there wasn't anything they could do for it. I think they told her it was a fatty deposit...nothing bad.Took Curtis to the doctor yesterday...how about he has an ear infection in BOTH ears. This is the 4th one since Sept. So they are sending us to an ENT..I just have to call and set up the appt. I take him to see his surgeon today because the poor kid still can't sit on his hinny. I don't know if it really hurts or if it's in his head now. I know that sounds bad but it could be. So that is why I having the dr look at it. Well I will be busy tomorrow so I don't know how I will do at checking in over the weekend...but I want to wish you all a Very Merry Chirstmas and have fun with your families.Post a pic or two so we can see what is going on.Oh and Happy Thursday...I am working a 1/2 day and off tomorrow and monday!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Poor thing, I can tell you if I'd had done to me what he has had done, I wouldn't be sitting there either! I had a cyst removed at the bottom of my spine many years ago, and it was very painful. He may just need a few more days, please give him a hug for me.

lunch at my desk for the last two days, but I may make it home on time tonight :eek:

My 22-year old daughter started out with bronchitis last week; she went back to the doctor today, still running a fever. Now it's settled into her chest and turned into pneumonia! This will be a Christmas she'll remember.

Oh Karen...I feel so bad for her. I had that happen to me when I was 13..my birthday is the day after Christmas and Christmas morning I was running a fever and getting sick so on my birthday they took me to the er in MD we were out of town and the hospital didn't want to send me home. So the part about this being a Christmas she want forget is so true...Tell her I hope she feels better soon.

We saw the surgeon today and he agrees with me..he thinks it's just in his head that it hurts because it has hurt for so long. We go back on Wed for him to examine him...that will be fun I am sure. :eek:

Yep, I can sympathize; I had strep throat on Christmas when I was 11. Between the fever and sore throat, I didn't care what Santa brought; I laid on the couch and slept all day. She still has a couple of days to recover; maybe she'll be OK.

I'm so thoughtless; I forgot to mention that my DH is home sick too! His is viral and seems to be clearing up fairly quickly.

Well I baked all day...stuff to take to work and church. This is what I baked: Pfeffernuesse Cookies, Peppermint cookies, Buckeyes, Peanut Butter chip cookies, pumkin white chocolate drops (the only one I've tried out so far), cafe mocha crinkles, and Chocolate Almond snow drops. They all look good, except the peppermint cookies. The look like a failure so won't be taking those anywhere lol. I'm so tired. And Karah just whined, but you didn't make surgar cookies to paint for santa. So I guess I gotta do that at some point. Sigh. Melissa