Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories should you aim for each day? I know my doctor told me 200 calories makes it a meal but how many calories should each meal consist of and how much should you consume overall in a day?

Your caloric needs will differ from person to person based on plenty of things. Some people can lose steadily on 600-800 calories, some on 1,000, some at 1,200+ calories. It really depends on your body. In the beginning I was eating about 600-800 calories but once I started exercising I began to eat around 1,000 a day. I'll probably need to bump that up soon.

You may want to just play around with things. If you're losing at the levels you're eating at now, I wouldn't worry. If you start to stall/add in exercise, up your calories and see what it does for you.

I agree it will vary. Depends on your activity level, your weight, height and some other things that aren't so easily measured.

I like to use The Daily Plate on LIVESTRONG.COM - Calorie Counter, Weight Loss, food Calorie Counter, Nutrition Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM and use the calculator there to determine my caloric needs to lose 2lbs a week.

I try to stay around 1200 because studies, and my own experience, show that most women who eat 1200 calories a day lose weight faster and more consistently than those who eat less.

Everyone's body is very different. You can pinpoint what works best for you by journaling your food intake someplace like fitday.com.

I lose best in the 800-900 calorie range (with daily exercise)--but I'm not the norm. You may not be the norm--or you may. The only way to figure it out is to keep track of your intake, and take note of what works for you.

I do 1,200 - 1,500 a day but am not very strict about counting.

I aim to burn at least 2,800 a day.