Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I scheduled my tt today - Dec. 22nd. Merry Christmas to me!

Now the hard part, QUIT SMOKING!

I'm going to pick a day and give up cold turkey. I'll probably be the grinch by the time this is all done but it's well worth it.

I keep telling myself, I'm healthy now - off ALL meds. To be the total picture of health I need to rid myself of this last vice.

I CAN DO IT...

Any and all words of encouragement or advice is greatly appreciated.

My best advice to you would be

Do a super clean before surgery so your house will stay clean for a while after surgery.

Try to wear comfy clothes and slip on shoes to your surgery.

Depending on how long you stay at the hospital wet wipes might be good to take to use on your face etc when you can't move around a lot.

Many doctors recommend using dial soap to wash before the surgery and after surgery ( not just regular soap).

Prepare tons of comfy clothes for when you get back. If the drawer is low bring out of of the items because it will be hard to bend down after surgery.

It might be difficult to put on over your head kind of shirts so prepare some good button up shirts for your days of recovery.

It is hard to bend down and reach up after surgery so make sure items you will need from the cupboards are lowered ( this is of course if you live alone and don't have anyone to help you after surgery)

Get a good shower chair for after surgery.

Make sure you have some face clothes to use at first for showers because you won't be able to get your whole body wet.

Buy or get out lots of extra pillows as you will need them to help you sleep in a more comfortable position.

Prepare some food before surgery so you can easy just pop something into the microwave and eat after your surgery.

Get some ice packs to use after surgery and a heating pad ( for your sore back).

Also depending on how low your incision might be (mini Tummy Tuck incision can be lower), it might be good to get a wax down there as just shaving won't last very long and all that tape might cause some problems.

Try to rest lots as you will be tired a lot after surgery.

Good luck on your surgery! That is a great x-mas gift to yourself :smile:

Thanks!!!

Very good advise, I've printed this out and will start gathering the things I'll need. Actually I think I'll run over to the thrift store and pickup some button down tops in the coming weeks along with some sweatpants.

I definately plan to prepare meals before hand, my DH and son will be around but they tend to think of cooking as FRYING everything and I know I wouldn't be able to stomach their cooking.

I know I have a couple months; however, I also know that it will be here before I know it.

How are things going with you? I read your blog and see that you're already back to work.

Also, don't let folks get you down. There have been a few people on this site that have sent me sailing. I actually had one person I swear was stalking me - no matter where I posted a comment she seemed to be there to make a negative comment.

I had to step away for awhile and take really deep breaths to keep from losing it.

Anyway, I'm babbling now. Again thanks!

See I live alone so I had to make my apartment super post op friendly because I didn't have anyone to help me. Luckily I recovered quickly so I had no problem doing things on my own.

I bought pre made dinner boxes, made some things and left in my fridge for meals, cleaned my apartment, sent my dogs to the sitters etc.

Things are going really well for me. I am still swollen but it doesn't hurt to walk to do many normal things. I am half way through my first day back at work ( day 6 post op) and I am surviving.

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope there is some stuff there to help you out.

Again good luck and if I think of anything else I'll let you know :smile: