Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I fall off the bus horribly?

Hey everyone! So here I am, 8 days out of surgery, and my doctor said as of yesterday I can start introducing veggies and soft meats back into my diet. So I did. I had chicken last night for dinner and for lunch today, which was all good and dandy. Nothing seems to get stuck, which is a blessing, I think. For dinner I went to Wendy's which I know is horrible because fast food is horrible, but I was in class late and didn't have too much time to cook. I ordered there 2 for 5 thing and got the half baja salad with no guacamole or chip thingees, and only used half the dressing just to coat it as it went down. What you do with that is you are supposed to pour the chili on the salad, which I have heard chili is good, high in Protein, somewhat low in calories. I only poured about 2oz on it. Then I ate like a pig and ate almost the whole salad. It only equaled out to be something like 300 calories, which I know is a lot, but a lot better than some of the stuff I've eaten.

Now that I have rambled I wanted to ask this question. Did I fall off the wagon? I feel like I ate like a pig, and whats worse is I feel satisfied, but not FULL. I have a checkup tomorrow with the doctor, but I am freaking out tonight. Anyone have any advice or words of wisdom?

Oh and on a side note, I actually have some liquid in my band, something like 2cc in my 10cc band. So I am not COMPLETELY empty.

:smile2:

first off...take a deep breath. I find that stressing about it makes it seem waaay worse than it is! tomorrow is a brand new day....with brand new struggles. on that note....i eat wendy's chili probably once a week. I pick it up on my late night @ work. I get a small and eat about 3/4ths of it. I am at my sweet spot right now...can eat almost anything but very small amounts and am satisfied. just because you have 2ccs doens necesarily mean you have restriction. I only have 4cc's in my 10 cc band....but there are people on here that have 8 or 9 and are still not in the green zone.

everyone is different. I'm sure you did not sabotage yourslef! start anew tomorrow! and if you're still feeling guily walk an extra 20 minutes (exercis always helps me get my head on straight!) good luck! :smile2:

It sounds weird that you started soft meats 8 days after surgery.But then again,you follow doctor's rules.

IMHO you should take it easy and slow.You really need to give time to your body to heal.Dont overstress your mind and your body.Ask your doctor or a nutricionist for food guidlines.You should be careful of your diet before fills.Be patient,it gets easier with restriction :smile2:

Ashleigh,

Why would you think you fell off the wagon? If your salad was only about 300 calories, you're fine. Falling off the wagon would be ordering a double with cheese, fries and coke. :smile2:

I agree with Elfie. 300 calories isn't bad at all. You got the salad and had some Protein. You are going to do fine. Don't beat yourself up while you travel down this long road.

Again, every doctor is different, but mine sounds a lot like yours. I was on soft meats and veggies that early, and did just fine. Like you, I was so scared to do the wrong things or over do it. Part of it is being mindful when you are eating. I am better now, but starting out I almost couldn't even sit with my family. I kept forgetting that I need to chew slowly and wait in between bites and I found myself eating like my old self a few times. That is the hardest part for me...paying attention to eating. Anyway, DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP! Like Elffie said, falling off the bus would have been going for a big greasy meal. You made good decisions on what you ate. And trust me, it gets better.

I think you did pretty well. 300 cals for a meal is reasonable. Like others said, you didn't get the burger and fries. Wendy's and Taco Bell are on my list when I need fast food in a pinch. Chili at Wendys and one taco at Taco Bell. Good luck on your journey!