Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band slipped

I know I dont post often but today I went for my upper gi series and I have a slipped band.

My doc says I need surgery asap to reposition and repair. I have opted to remove my band. my surgery is scheduled for 10/18.

I am so nervous. I love my band and I am disapointed that I had this slippage...I did not have any symptoms nor did I have problems vomiting....this is terrible.

I chose removal bc I do not want to have surgery after surgery repairing the band. I hope I can maintain the weightloss...80+ pounds since Dec 09...feeling sad and confused. love my band..its apart of me

Good luck

If it was me I would get the band replaced, just because it slips once doesn't mean it will happen again. Or i would revise to a sleeve. I know that there is no way I could maintain without some kind of help.

Why did you go for the upper GI if you had no symptoms? What made the Dr think that the band had slipped?

Good luck

If it was me I would get the band replaced, just because it slips once doesn't mean it will happen again. Or i would revise to a sleeve. I know that there is no way I could maintain without some kind of help.

Why did you go for the upper GI if you had no symptoms? What made the Dr think that the band had slipped?

My doctor requires this series once a year to make sure the band is in place and functioning properly. I did not have any symptoms of a slip and was losing 2.5 pounds per week. I actually had an appt on 10/24 and was going in to maintenance...this is all a shock.

I am not having it replaced..I dont want another slip..I cant go through this again. I have a personal trainer and thank god I have my food diaries. I plan on eating the same way as if I had the band..as for the hunger pangs...lots of Water..I just have to fight for it..Plenty of ppl are successful with weightloss and dont have the band..I just hope I am one of them..

Well good luck with that. I found out i had a slipped band also and had all my Fluid taken out and am waiting for the insur. co. to approve my surgery again i have gained like 6 pounds back so YES im getting my band replaced. I need it to help me.

Well good luck with that. I found out i had a slipped band also and had all my Fluid taken out and am waiting for the insur. co. to approve my surgery again i have gained like 6 pounds back so YES im getting my band replaced. I need it to help me.

Well, I have debated back and forth with keeping the band and or removing it..I just cant go through another surgery..and cant put my kids through it again. My daughter is having nightmares about me having surgery again..she is only 11..

I love my band and feel like I am losing a friend..something I can lean on..but ultimately I have to be strong and vigilant..at the end of the day..Its up to me what I do with my life..I may gain some back but I have a very supportive family and husband who have vowed to help me stay on track.

I have joined a support group and am seeing a therapist to help me understand why i over eat..

I can do this and I will be successful on keeping it off! The band did not make me..it helped me yes..but life is about choices and its time I make the right choices.

Of course you can do w/out the band! YOU did it, not the band. You made the food choices, you chose what to eat and when/how to excercise. Enjoy not having some artificial piece of equipment in your body and not having to worry about puking and pbing and whether it's slipped or not. You can live normally!

You CAN do it! I mean. . you've done it!

And the band did nothing? It didn't help you to be satisfied on much smaller portions . It didn't help control the inbetween hunger.

So why do so many of us bother getting the band if it does NOTHING!

I appreciate that you are trying to encourage the OP which is great. But I hate it when people turn around and say that they did all the work - the band did nothing.

If that is the case how come we weren't able to lose and maintain the loss preband? How did so many of us end up obese or worse? Yes the band is a tool but it is the tool that is helping me to win the battle.

well the band is out..and I still feel like I have it..no hunger at all. Doc said there is scar tissue there and I will still feel restriction.

I am happy its out although i was successful with it and i could not have gotten here without it...my doctor has a personal trainer on staff and I am meeting with him in a couple of weeks along with the nutrionist...looking forward to the next chapter.

I agree with Elcee, the band is EVERYTHING to me! It has been a life saver for me and saved me from the doom of tons of medications for obesity like my mom had to take for years. I cannot live without it but hope you made right decision and do well. Even with no fills, I could not do this alone, the band has been my everything to lose 90 pds and keep it off. Good luck on your journey without the band and hope you live a long and healthy life.

Well this is a tool and having the tool for almost a year I hope that i learned what is necessary to succeed. I am seeing a therapist and nutritionist plus support groups..

If I have not learned how to eat and function with (now without) this tool then I have failed myself.

Weight/over eating is a mental thing and I have put in alot of work. My surgeon thinks I can do it and so do I. The band has served its purpose. I am now 147 pds and feel better then ever..its up to me..not a band...

there are those with the band and gastric bypass who have gained all the weight back..so its what you do with this tool that matters.. I plan on being successful and there is no looking back for me.

There is life after the band and I will be proof of that.

there are those with the band and gastric bypass who have gained all the weight back..so its what you do with this tool that matters.. I plan on being successful and there is no looking back for me.

I love your attitude!

I love your attitude!

Thank you...my sister calls me a stalker with it..but I have to be..it has to be about me..finally...

The Band is great and it was a life saver and I would do it all over again...I wish everyone well...but for those of us who have had to have it removed, life goes on and with hard work and stalking we can all succeed.:laugh: