Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off to do my Endo

I just got back from my consult with the Endo doc and was put back on Nexium twice a day even though I like the Prilosec OTC. But it's ok

Doc is a hottie just plain hot...

Oh yeah the endo I check in at 10am and somewhere around 11am they should be doing it.. Will update later

In Feb he would like to do a colonoscopy :cry

I can never just go with the flow..

Talk to you all later

Please do keep us posted. WORRY WORRY WORRY!!!

I've been on Nexium for a couple weeks now and can't believe how much better I'm feeling. Prilosec is mainly for ulcers (either peptic or duodenal), whereas Nexium is broadscoped and covers esophageal problems wonderfully and also helps with ulcers. I hope you start feeling as well as I am pretty shortly.

I am back and very Groggy. I do have irritation in the lower esophagus and they say Nexium 2 times a day should clear that up with time and Thank God I have no erosion.

Everything else looked great...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers -- gonna go sleep now

Got some more for later though.

One work of advicse never ask the staff what the results were.. tell you all later

My mom had an upper GI done today and she too had the inflamed esophagus, the doctor gave her a prescription for the swelling and took some of her fill out. She actually ate a scrambled egg today and it all stayed down. Good news, no erosion.

Ok I am back.. I feel better today and did manage to eat an over easy egg. Went really slow with that.. Now I need to back up a bit I do have irritation in the lower esophugus and from the pic it is quite red. Sometimes the staff that is working with the docs want to be helpful but tell you stuff that freaks you out. Better not to ask.

I wake up from the procedure (do not remember a thing) I ask the gal who was in the room and she says. "Well Doc said he never seen a pouch so small" ok what does that mean. Answer: You have half a pouch and your band is sitting to high near your esophugus.

Doc never came in to talk to me and I did see the pics but she took them, they were suppose to be mine but i will try and get them on Wed's when I go back for my follow up.

When i got home I called the band Doc and told them what was said. They say that my band is still fine and ok where it's at.. They say you might have miss understood since you were medicated. Believe me when it's my band I heard it..

So what would you believe??

One comment the Endo doc made at conslutation that blew me away was " Are you at done with your weight loss?" If you are why don't you get the band removed?

Anyway I will talk more with him on Wed's about that comment but just want to reassure with my Band doc that all is fine..

Thank you all for your words and prayers..

God was truly there - I went thru the waiting pre op without an attack..

Are you saying that your Band Doc wasn't there to perform or observe the procedure? This concerns me greatly. Sometimes the band is a tricky thing to view on an ENDO unless you know what to look for. My issues weren't seen till the band doc turned the scope around in my stomach and looked back on itself. Then my erosion was discovered. I hope for your sake the person doing the ENDO did this.

The comment about taking the band out is totally uncalled for. Unless he has reason to suspect it needs to come out he should NOT have made that comment. I would ask to see the pictures since they are YOURS. You paid for them. Dr. Billy gave me mine without me asking. He made me a copy and offered to put them on a disc for me. I just took the hard copies. SO yes get them pictures.

Keep us posted.

Ok I am back.. I feel better today and did manage to eat an over easy egg. Went really slow with that.. Now I need to back up a bit I do have irritation in the lower esophugus and from the pic it is quite red. Sometimes the staff that is working with the docs want to be helpful but tell you stuff that freaks you out. Better not to ask.

I wake up from the procedure (do not remember a thing) I ask the gal who was in the room and she says. "Well Doc said he never seen a pouch so small" ok what does that mean. Answer: You have half a pouch and your band is sitting to high near your esophugus.

Doc never came in to talk to me and I did see the pics but she took them, they were suppose to be mine but i will try and get them on Wed's when I go back for my follow up.

When i got home I called the band Doc and told them what was said. They say that my band is still fine and ok where it's at.. They say you might have miss understood since you were medicated. Believe me when it's my band I heard it..

So what would you believe??

One comment the Endo doc made at conslutation that blew me away was " Are you at done with your weight loss?" If you are why don't you get the band removed?

Anyway I will talk more with him on Wed's about that comment but just want to reassure with my Band doc that all is fine..

Thank you all for your words and prayers..

God was truly there - I went thru the waiting pre op without an attack..

No Penni he was not in there with me At least I did not see him. The staff said he was on the phone with The Endo Dr or he was called in. I know he was in the Hosp so I do not know if he came down in between Surgeries. I did mention to him that when you had your endo done the scope was turned around on the entrance. They did show me a pic of that and it looked clear.

I really do not think he knows much about the band and I am going to point that out to my band doc. I am feeling alot better as the day goes on. No reflux what so ever but knowing the irritation was there bugs me..

Thanks

I'm glad things are going well for you Bubbame :) HUGS !!!

Pat, I'm so happy your Mom is okay, what a nice Christmas for the both of you :)

HUGS AND KISSES