Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

For those looking for good tasting Protein, try Gold Standard whey isolate from GNC or Amazon. They've got some really good flavors. 120 calories per scoop and 25g of protein. Good stuff, though I find myself wanting some savory items instead of sweet all the time. I get banded on the 13th at 7:45 AM. Can't wait to return to mush in a few weeks...

Ughh, scratch that December 13th at 7:45 AM. Surgeon's office called and rescheduled for Tuesday the 14th @ 2:15 PM. I get to go the entire morning without eating ! Woooooo. I am not happy about this...

I changed the date to the 20th, I can't wait! My Dr. only requires a week for the pre op diet, so I will start on the 13th. Good timing too, My job has a holiday party on the 12th, so I will have my last meal there, and then, onto shakes Monday morning.

hello All !!! i havnt been around in awhile trying to get all of the shoping done Mon is the BIG day 10 am !!! I am soooo excited ! today was my last day at work until the new year and i was skipping down the hallways !! i work in a school and they are out on the 20th till the new year not that I expect to take that much time to heal !!! all of my students said ms g see ya when your skinny LOL i said less of my but it will take some hard work to get skinny ~

my hubby isnt for the whole thing but i told him this is for ME... i just need you to understand and act like you care.... my sister keeps telling me what i will never to be able to eat again and mom and dad think it is a great thing... i thought long and hard I have been overweight MY whole life...this is for my HEALTH no more blood pressure pills well maybe not as many and I can get my sugar in control before it becomes a bigger problem..there are people out there that will make you second guess yourself.... dont think twice about it ..you know what is best for you go with th gut........

Hope everone else is doing fab... see you on the otherside !!!!!!!!

Amy:D

Monday for me too, 11:15! Ugh I still have a cold, which is gross. Haha but keeping my mind off the shakes a bit. Everyone seems to think I'll be ok on Monday, OMG I'd be so mad if I get there Monday and they can't do it because of that. This has been the longest week of my life with these nasty shakes lol, don't really want to start over.

Alyss - they tried to talk me into it too. But, I'm only 25, I'm not ready for something that serious. This seems least scary to me. Regardless you gotta do the same work with the bypass as you do with the lapband.

Amy - Aww, that's weird 99% of my family and friends are excited, a few are like are you sure? gonna be hard not to eat? or do it yourself!? But at this weight, I can't do it myself anymore. I know it's gonna be hard, and I'm scared, but at this point, i've exhausted all other options.

Haha I was pretty ready to cry over food yesterday. Just the thought of what I can't eat after the surgery, or now is depressing. I'm trying to keep my mind occupied so I don't think about it, but I'm not working right now so it's hard.

Mainly, I'm just tired of all the sickeningly fake sweet stuff. It's gross. I almost wish they made a meat flavored Protein Shake haha. I'm actually getting excited for my post-op diet where I can at least have some things with normal flavor even if it's liquid.< /p>

Unjury makes a chicken broth flavored Protein shake...havent tried it yet I start my preop on monday and then I will let ya know how it tastes

I think it's like "chicken broth" the problem is you can't heat the Unjury past like luke warm or it curdles

Unjury's chicken broth isn't really that bad, especially if you season it to taste. I used a meat thermometer to get to maximum allowed temperature of 130F. It worked fine. Added a bit of fresh ground pepper to it, and it wasn't bad, for a Protein Shake.

Dave

JD don't worry about not being able to eat that after, I hear from lots of people they don't even crave that stuff anymore postop, and remember this surg is only a tool to help u get over your food addiction, this is the hard part coming to terms with this and trying to move forward...idk about u but sometimes I feel like I lost a friend and its depressing right now watching my bf eat chicken fingers while the best I can have is chicken broth but its only temporary. I keep trying to focus on this summer and not being ashamed to wear shorts or go to the beach...this too will pass :)

You have made it this far, think of all the weight u have already lost and keep going. Not only for urself but ur son too

Hey there everyone! Got banded on the 6th and really glad to be on the other side of this. The emotional roller coaster...nerves aided by the lack of food from the preop diet had me an emotional mess. Then after 9 months of trying to get approval and going through all of the insurance requirements, all of a sudden I had a pity party for myself and all the things "I'm never going to be able to eat again". Thank God that only got bad the 24 -48 hours before surgery....like a panic attack. Well now it's done and I feel pretty good and really really happy I did this. Down 12 lbs from pre-op diet and 7lbs since surgery!!!! The liquid has been easy this week until today. I am really hungry today....so when my daughter was eating a homemade chocolate torte today that gave me moment of feeling sorry for myself....she said to me (the 15 year old has some sense :lol: ) "Mom just take a lick of the frosting, I bet you really don't want this, you just think you can't have it so you feel deprived". Well I'll be darned she was right. It tasted good but certainly not what I was pining for and then I was over it....completely! :P One lick of frosting and I realized that I didn't really want it I just don't want to feel deprived.

Looking forward to starting mushy's by Monday (maybe today if I can't get this hunger under control).

Congratulations to all the December Bansters! Positve thoughts to all!!!!B)

I am finally at the end of the 6 month diet that BCN is requiring for surgery. I go for my last weigh in on Monday, December 13th.

I have my pre op with Dr Beane on Wednesday, the 15th, and start my liquid diet on Thursday the 16th.

My surgery is scheduled for December 30th and I can't wait to start the New Year with a new ME!! Finally, a New Year's resolution that I can and will live with!!

Since the beginning of my 6 months, I have lost 20 lbs, and I feel so much better already!! Yea me!!

Chris

I am finally at the end of the 6 month diet that BCN is requiring for surgery. I go for my last weigh in on Monday, December 13th.

I have my pre op with Dr Beane on Wednesday, the 15th, and start my liquid diet on Thursday the 16th.

My surgery is scheduled for December 30th and I can't wait to start the New Year with a new ME!! Finally, a New Year's resolution that I can and will live with!!

Since the beginning of my 6 months, I have lost 20 lbs, and I feel so much better already!! Yea me!!

Chris

Congratulations, Chris! You deserve a medal for enduring that long diet process. I don't think I could've done it. (My insurance didn't require it.) Hope your banding goes well, and that 2011 is everything you want it to be!

Dave

Congratulations, Chris! You deserve a medal for enduring that long diet process. I don't think I could've done it. (My insurance didn't require it.) Hope your banding goes well, and that 2011 is everything you want it to be!

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I really didn't WANT to wait, I was so excited to get started back in June that I hated that I had to go through the six months. But, during that 6 months I attended quite a few of the group sessions that my surgeons office offers. Thursday nights are reserved for ME time with my group.

Because of the groups and six months of thinking time, I have learned so much about myself. I really feel that I have my head around this, yes there are lots of great tasting foods that I (think) I'm really going to miss, but they are what got me to where I am!

Looking back at what I've learned about living with the band and learning about myself, I am thankful for the 6 months.

I have "found my reason!" (thank you Frank for inspiring me with your mantra)

Hey there everyone! Got banded on the 6th and really glad to be on the other side of this. The emotional roller coaster...nerves aided by the lack of food from the preop diet had me an emotional mess. Then after 9 months of trying to get approval and going through all of the insurance requirements, all of a sudden I had a pity party for myself and all the things "I'm never going to be able to eat again". Thank God that only got bad the 24 -48 hours before surgery....like a panic attack. Well now it's done and I feel pretty good and really really happy I did this. Down 12 lbs from pre-op diet and 7lbs since surgery!!!! The liquid has been easy this week until today. I am really hungry today....so when my daughter was eating a homemade chocolate torte today that gave me moment of feeling sorry for myself....she said to me (the 15 year old has some sense :lol: ) "Mom just take a lick of the frosting, I bet you really don't want this, you just think you can't have it so you feel deprived". Well I'll be darned she was right. It tasted good but certainly not what I was pining for and then I was over it....completely! :P One lick of frosting and I realized that I didn't really want it I just don't want to feel deprived.

Looking forward to starting mushy's by Monday (maybe today if I can't get this hunger under control).

Congratulations to all the December Bansters! Positve thoughts to all!!!!B)

Glad you are doing so well. i was banded 12/8 wed and i feel bad. i cant believe that people are doing this surgery same day. My port sight hurts and i cannt seem to get into any postion that is comfortable. Unfortunately we are in the middle of a major snow storm so unable to get out. I also cant tell when i am full. i have major gas pressure up above but no problems with gas down below. Everyday does seem to be getting better just taking longer then i thought it would.

Ok, I'm getting my band on Dec 21...4 days before Christmas! I just found out on the 7th that I needed to start the pre-op diet that day to shrink my liver. I'm following it as closely as I can but am worried that two weeks isn't enough time to shrink my liver for surgery. Anyone with suggestions? I'm getting nervous and scared, but I know it's worth it. Thanks for any moral support!