Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters (Early Xmas present)

Well, I'm about to climb into the car to drive to Seattle. My surgery is tomorrow morning, (lap band and two hernia repairs), and I have to be there at 5 AM. We're staying in a hotel close to the hospital tonight, so I can be there on time. (Note that I didn't say anything about getting a good night's sleep tonight. LOL!) I don't know if I'll have Internet access from the hospital, so I wanted to wish my fellow December bandsters a successful time till we meet again. I'll be back online in two days, after I get home.

It's funny - I've waited so long for this day to get here, but now that it's here I can't believe it arrived so fast. :)

See all of you very soon. Wish me luck!

Dave

Well, I'm about to climb into the car to drive to Seattle. My surgery is tomorrow morning, (lap band and two hernia repairs), and I have to be there at 5 AM. We're staying in a hotel close to the hospital tonight, so I can be there on time. (Note that I didn't say anything about getting a good night's sleep tonight. LOL!) I don't know if I'll have Internet access from the hospital, so I wanted to wish my fellow December bandsters a successful time till we meet again. I'll be back online in two days, after I get home.

It's funny - I've waited so long for this day to get here, but now that it's here I can't believe it arrived so fast. :)

See all of you very soon. Wish me luck!

Dave

Good luck, Dave! You will do great! Please check in with us when you feel up to it to let us know how you are doing.

Thank you for all the support!!! Being getting up and walking, still a little bit sore. Now the attention turns to my wife who is going to be banded this Friday the 10th! It was the easiest thing I could do for myself. Nerves were for nothing, they really took good care of me at the hospital. I'm on the other "side" now and am very happy. Good luck and don't worry to all who are still yet waiting for the band. Everything has been very manageable. Any questions feel free to ask.

hey to all the newly banded december bandsters...congrats and Im glad to hear everyone is doing well

to those getting banded...good luck, u guys are gonna do great :)

Im scheduled for the 22nd, start my preop on the 12th and reading ure comments has made my nerves calm down so thank you :)

Mine is tentatively Dec 20th so it will be an early Christmas gift to myself!! And I can't wait to start the New Year as a new ME!! My wife is just as excited as I am about it. She is also more scared than me. I'm not telling anyone else but her.

hey I'm dec 20th too! I know...us crazy people that get it done at the time of year where most people indulge haha.

I'm scheduled for Mid/late December like the week of Christmas. I can't wait either. I started my diet on Monday and then after Thanksgiving I will be on my pre-op diet. Is anyone feeling like "last supper" feeling when it comes to certain foods? I can't shake it as things become more real. To chocolatecity, I understand where you are coming from only 4 people in my life , but you do need the support of your husband if not anyone else. Plus, my surgeon office requires 2 family pledged support, does anyone else?

YES missgissel I feel the same way as I think do a lot of people, esp since thanksgiving WAS my last meal, and for christmas dinner and new years when we usually get chinese takeout I will be drinking crystal lite and eating Jello, but I try to think its not going away, I'll still be able to eat those things after I heal, just in MUCH smaller portions and hopefully just a taste is all I'll want cuz I'll be full after that.

I'm going to be banded tomorrow at Noon! I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm starting off at a lower BMI of 32 and my goal is to lose 60 pounds. I was going to wait until after the New Year to have it done, but when I went in for my consult last Tuesday, the doctor surprised me by saying he could do it the following Monday. So last week was a whirlwind of tests and evaluations. My birthday is the 26th of December so I'm looking at this as a birthday present and a rebirth of sorts.

Ok so who is getting banded today? i lost track

Good luck to all the future bandsters for this month! I am now 5 days post op and I feel great! I still have a little shoulder pain but nothing more than I expected. Still not getting in all of my liquids but its getting better each day... just gotta sip, sip, sip! Not feeling hungry at all but I guess that part will come soon enough. I have my post op appt with my doc thursday and a post op nutrition class next week, then ill move on to mushies...any ideas for eating at that stage will be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to all the future bandsters for this month! I am now 5 days post op and I feel great! I still have a little shoulder pain but nothing more than I expected. Still not getting in all of my liquids but its getting better each day... just gotta sip, sip, sip! Not feeling hungry at all but I guess that part will come soon enough. I have my post op appt with my doc thursday and a post op nutrition class next week, then ill move on to mushies...any ideas for eating at that stage will be greatly appreciated!

Renee,

I bought the what to eat after weightloss surgery book, and a couple others which have awesome recipes for each stage, looking over then to see what i may possibly be able to eat for Xmas since that would be 10 days out, i guess i will wait and see but those books are awesome

Renee,

I bought the what to eat after weightloss surgery book, and a couple others which have awesome recipes for each stage, looking over then to see what i may possibly be able to eat for Xmas since that would be 10 days out, i guess i will wait and see but those books are awesome

Thanks...I'm gonna go get some books for ideas!

Late to the party, but I'm getting banded on Monday the 13th in Irvine, CA. I started my liquid diet today, not so bad so far...

Oooh there is a book? I might have to get that. I had a crazy time yesterday running around trying to find all the things for my liquid diet, i'd like to have some good ideas for the future stages.

WOW want to talk about a scare..... I am geting banded on the 13th..I have been done all of my pre op testing for 4 weeks tomorrow I go for pre admissions at the hospital ...they called me and told me sorry you dont have a clearence from the heart dr.....I called my dr he said they were not going to use the one I had done back in july my first date that didnt happen( too long of a story for that) they needed a new one... 1 week left and they spring that on me ?!?!? was I glad when they called me at 4:59 and said we can squeeze you in the 8th at 12 !!!!!!! talk about pushing it ~

:blink: :blink:

WOW want to talk about a scare..... I am geting banded on the 13th..I have been done all of my pre op testing for 4 weeks tomorrow I go for pre admissions at the hospital ...they called me and told me sorry you dont have a clearence from the heart dr.....I called my dr he said they were not going to use the one I had done back in july my first date that didnt happen( too long of a story for that) they needed a new one... 1 week left and they spring that on me ?!?!? was I glad when they called me at 4:59 and said we can squeeze you in the 8th at 12 !!!!!!! talk about pushing it ~

:blink: :blink:

Yea, that happened to me too. My hospital apparently has some stupid "pre-op is 30 days exactly before surgery" rule, which makes no sense, but I guess a rule is a rule, so them and my doctor messed it up in translation and I had to push mine off from october!