Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas Keeping Me Miserable

Day 4 post op and the gas is making me crazy! I walk uphill, downhill, up and down my looong driveway, up and down the stairs, in circles inside the house, about 10 times a day and still am in so much pain. Hurts to breathe. Never dreamed that would be such an issue. :puke: :)

I was and am still feeling this same way I had my surgery done 10/4 and finally yesterday 10/9 I couldn't take it anymore. What I thought was gas is actually being too tight!! You might want to check with your doctor! Good Luck

Goodness, what did the Dr do to fix it?

I remember with my hysterectomy breathing made the gas pain hurt when I inhaled. Was horrible. Heating pad helped it some.

I just had my band surgery (10/7) and either I didn't have the gas get trapped or the Gas X chewables are actually helping me. I am crushing one 4 times a day and mixing with punch and drinking it. I read they have it in a patch too.

Sorry about your gas pain :puke:

Ditto on the gas with the hysterectomy, been there. I remember walking down the halls doubled over from that.

I started taking Gas X today and will see if it helps any. You would think the Dr would add GasX to my shopping list before surgery. I will see him this week and throw that at him.

I feel your pain literally, I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 and I got depressed because I thought my shoulder pain would never go away but it did. The pain was excruciating..I think yours will go away, you know what helped me...using the spiromiter faithfully I wasn't using mine like i should have been but as soon as I did the pain started to subside. i pray your pain goes away soon...take care

Well they called in the Lapband Docs and they tried both unsuccessfully to access my port. They found out my port had flipped over???? Not sure how and so now I am just trying to deal with it and I go back tomorrow for a post op and possibly a pre op....They said they are going to have to go back in to re attach the port.

Thanks Carmen, another good suggestion. I will do it right now and keep it up more often.

That's why I love this forum. Lots of good ideas. Bandsters caring for fellow bandsters. :puke:

BTW...how often did u use it?

I was banned on 10/1 and my gas pains were so severe up until day 6. I tried everything, like you, but nothing helped. My husband finally decided to get me some Maalox extra strength liquid AND IT WORKED! The Gas-x did nothing for me. I took the full dosage, plus a little. It was the only thing that gave me any relief at all. Another thing I started taking on Day 6 was Probiotics.. It is something I will take daily for the rest of my life, and it seems to really help with bloating and gas as well. I am not a yogurt eater, so the Probiotics was recommended to me by my doctor. Anyway.... I do feel your pain. I was literally in tears several times from the gas pains, and then on day 7 I woke up and felt like a million dollars.... it was gone, ALL THE PAIN! I hope you can find some relief soon, because I know how painful it is. Give the Maalox a try though.... it was a life-savor for me. Good luck to you!!

@ cristy906

Gosh, I hope everything turns out ok, I hate it that u have to go thru it all again. Bummer, but u can do it. It's just a small bump in the road.

Good luck.

Oh geez...I have the same problem. My surgery was 10/6 and here it is almost 6 days and I still have bloating and gas and it appears as if it is both above and below the band (if that's possible). I'm managing to get it out without having to take anything, but darn it! It just keeps coming back - even just drinking Water does it. :-( And I think its causing me to eat and drink a lot less - I would get I am only getting 1/2 cup of anything besides water in me a day and god only knows how little Protein I'm ingesting. I guess based upon your experience its time for me to call the surgeon - please pray that I don't have to go back in for more surgery to move things around...ugh!!! I'm so depressed right now.. :laugh:

Day 4 post op and the gas is making me crazy! I walk uphill, downhill, up and down my looong driveway, up and down the stairs, in circles inside the house, about 10 times a day and still am in so much pain. Hurts to breathe. Never dreamed that would be such an issue. :smile2: :tt2:

I had my surgery on 10/06/10 and am also suffering with gas pain. I find that "Gas-X" tablets do help. Also, because I'm experiencing gas pain in my left shoulder area I find that a heating pad to that area seems to soothe the pain. And, like you, I'm just moving a lot and trying to get that gas to move on out. I think it's all a part of the experience - just keep what you're doing and start taking some Anti gas tablets and see if that helps. Hang in there, we can do it!

I had the same problem. I suffered for a week before I talked to my mom (a nurse) and she suggested a heating pad. It worked wonders! I felt 100% better. Try it!

I used it about once every hour and did the inhaling about two or three times per session, hope that makes sense..lol after I talked to the nurse at Kaiser and she reminded me to use it I was on a mission! I too love this site because of the support and inspiration I get from the my banded peeps on here ... I hope that works for you!

oh I hope they get that fixed for you with little pain and misery..good luck to you