Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am 5 days out and really feel sad.....i think i made a mistake by having this thing put inside me....i guess i am hungry and don't feel like myself....i know this will pass...anybody felt like this ???

I can't say I felt like that, but it will pass! We go through so many emotions before and after being banded. Just remember you're on the road to a healthier life. Once the scale moves down and your clothes fit looser (or not at all!) it really becomes all worth it.

Yep Pegs.... I was right there with you. I got banded 9/30 and several days afterwards I was crying and thinking what the hell have I done to myself. I was in pain, extremely hungry, drugged w pain med. Blah!!!! But today I'm doing ok. I'm starting to find out what works for me to have me feel better. Like when I wake up I have a lump in my throat and I feel tight. So I make myself a cup of hot tea. I have the most wonderful loose leaf tea. Then after I loosen up I will start drinking my shake. It takes me several hours to get down a shake. Then I might have a sugar free popsicle for a afternoon snack ... So on and so forth. I think Pegs you need to find out what works for your body and things will get better :biggrin: I know we are not alone. This forum helped me out a bunch after my surgery <3

I was fairly cranky until I was back on real food... which was 4 weeks after surgery! I still have those moments, but I am confident that once I reach restriction and am not hungry all the time this will be a wonderful thing!!!

The first two weeks are pretty hard, but commit yourself to it. Dont give up or have regrets. Once you can start bringing in the softer foods, the hunger will lessen and once you start shrinking your stomach, the hunger will continue to lessen. Once you are on solids, just be sure you get enough Protein, eat slow, chew good and it should keep you full for a while, then add in the Protein Drinks you should be sipping on all day long (starting 30 min after eat) and it should resolve all your doubts. I had my first fill on Tuesday and I feel a bit more constriction even though it was only 1 cc. I have been VERY strict with my diet and am very happy I did this. Get your head in the right place and your body will follow. Stop thinking you are depriving yourself. You just gave yourself the gift of life...now live it!!!

Try not to be so hard on yourself! I was banded 7/8/10 and I went through some really crazy emotions. I was pissed off that I couldn't eat for one thing, that I actually had to have a major surgery because I lacked the willpower to lose weight on my own, that I had even allowed myself to get to this point in my life. I was mad because my family could eat and I couldn't...also, I actually realized how addicted I was to food! The days leading up to surgery weren't happy days to me like I see so many people who post when they get approved for surgery, etc. being all excited...I wasn't! I was angry! I felt like a drug addict that was on that show "Intervention" when they are confronted about their habit and sent away to rehab. Well, that's exactly how I felt! I felt like my drug was being taken away from me. I really didn't know how to cope with it at all. Even though, I am the one who pursued having this surgery done. My family could have cared less if I ever lost weight...lol...which was a good thing and a bad thing for me. My husband was my "food" enabler. He loves to cook and he loves for us to eat together. That is what we enjoyed doing together. Problem was, he doesn't gain weight and I do! So, 20 yrs. took its toll on me. I had to learn other ways of coping with my feelings instead of eating them away. I've learned that exercise is the greatest stress releaser for me now. If I don't exercise...I am a total "Bitch"! I just have to make myself do it...once I get to the gym or start walking I am fine and I love it. It's just making myself get started that is the hard part. Also, my husband and I have had to learn other things to do together. We started walking together in the evenings and it is nice. It gives us a chance to talk about our day or anything that is going on in our lives...which has improved our communication. It is also nice to fit clothes better now. I have actually had to go buy new clothes...smaller clothes...and that makes me happy. What I am trying to say is this...it was really hard on me in the beginning. I've had to learn a whole new way of life and its scary. But, I do not regret the surgery at all. I know...I made the right choice and gave myself the best gift I could have ever given...and that is the chance to be healthy again and enjoy life in a way that I have not been able to in such a long time. I still have my bad days...I still have my doubts if this is going to "work for me"...but, the fact remains that when I step on that scale...I am losing weight. Sometimes, it may be more than others...sometimes, it may be less...but, I am doing it...slowly but, surely. Isn't that all we can ask for in the end? To be losing weight and not gaining it? Hang in there and I'm almost sure it will get better for you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Give yourself time to heal...both physically and mentally. I think you will be glad you did! If you ever want to talk...look me up! Not sure how much help I will be...but, I will try my best to at least be a sounding board for you! Just remember...YOU CAN DO THIS!!:biggrin: