Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post Surgery and ...

Yesterday I ate a Mcdonalds fillet of fish burger and today a slice of pizza. WTF am I doing? (It all went down fine btw). Anyone else being as stupid or am I just a lost cause? :biggrin:

First of all, I don't know you personally, so I can't tell you that you are stupid or a lost cause. I highly doubt that you are either of those though. You are here, like the rest of us because we have issues with food that have lead us to a dangerous and unhealthy place in our lives and we all made the conscious decision to take charge of our health and get better. Do I think you made a not so great food choice right after surgery? Hell yes. Are any of us perfect? No. I think you need to question what your frame of mind was when you ate those foods that are not healthy for anyone on a good day, but satisfy those pleasure points in our mouth and head. Two weeks after surgery isn't the time to be eating solid foods like that at all. You need to physically heal and not blow the work that was done to your body.

Now is the time to latch on to friends,a therapist, nutritionist, and family members. You have gone too far now to turn back and allow yourself to sabotage the potential to lose a lot of weight and get healthy. If you don't have anyone to lean on you need to find someone quick who can listen to your frustrations and help you deal with your food issues.

Now is the time to get a little cocky and arrogant toward food and feel great about yourself. F@^$ the food!!! Food is the crap that got you in to trouble in the first place and you don't need to let it run and ruin your life. I can say for the first time in my 36 years, I have been proud of myself these past 13 days that I haven't eaten real food. I allowed myself to believe that I am better than a damn chicken tender, bowl of Pasta, Big Mac and coke. It's all shit to me now. My life is more important to me, my kids and my husband than to shove a piece of food down my throat because I have nothing better to do. Get an attitude!!!!!!

I think maybe some tough love might help set you straight. This is a long journey girlfriend and there are gonna be some hard bumps in the road. You can hit them and let them knock you down or you can get some help to teach you to fly right on over them. You didn't risk your life during surgery to continue eating the same stuff that lead you to surgery in the first place did you? You can't justify eating a fish sandwich two weeks after by saying that you typically would eat fries and a coke, but didn't this time. That's like a drug addict saying that they only did one line of coke instead of three. You can't go there anymore. Do it for no one else but yourself.

Melissa

I have to agree that was harsh. We have all fallen but what matters is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and keep pushing. We have all made bad food choices, but the most important thing is that you recognize it and work at not making the same mistakes in the future. Keep pushing forward...

I was more concerned with the fact that I can get these types of food down fine so early than with the amount.

Don't worry about that. Everyone is different in how they react to the band.

I was able to eat bread before my first fill too. Had a bacon sandwich.. I did have to chew it really well though.

I didn't start having issues with bread until almost a year out, but I get very conservative fills as I have by and large relied on my food choices to facilitate my weight loss.. and not relied on my band to make the choices.. if that makes any sense?

In other words, I quit eating bread (MOST of the time) before my band made me stop eating bread (by getting stuck, causing pain, etc.). I have yet to try pizza at a restaurant, (the advice to just eat the toppings came from another site where I read that's what another bandster did) but have made flat-bread pizza. It's good.. go to www.flatoutbread.com for recipes.

The person who accused us of enabling you is a new bandster and is still on the high of their new journey. I can see where they might misunderstand what was said, but agree they were a bit judgmental.

Your journey is not their journey is not my journey. We're all headed for the same destination, but have different paths and some have jets and others are on foot and others are on roller-skates. Hopefully we'll all get there, just some sooner than others. I'm enjoying the trip however long it takes. :biggrin:

Have a good evening...

Edited by Melissannde
wrong url.. fixed

:confused:I think eveyone who posted were enabling you to continue making poor food choices!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

This is your journey and if you want to continue doing what you are doing your welcome to do that! But, the band is not a weight loss cure and if you don't become friends with yourself and continue to compulsively overeat you are NOT going to find your journey a success!!!!! so STOP what you are doing with the food and start getting the "head" help you need! see a therapist or go to OA(overeaters anonymous)(free) and start today!!! Be good to yourself!

OMG! REALLY? GET OVER YOURSELF!!! LOL...Obviously, if you didn't have the same issues with food you wouldn't even be here on this site much less be a person with a band!

With all that pent up hostility...you may be the one who needs some counseling! :biggrin:

Thank you my friends. Today is a new day. A lot of what you said has made lots of sense. There will be times when I fall off the wagon, but I must get back on and not dwell on the mistakes I have made. I have spent the last 30 years making poor food choices and a miracle is not going to happen overnight. I just hope that they get less and less and my band will help me when I get it wrong.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to respond to a complete stranger. Good luck to everyone and hopefully I will be able to help someone along the way soon.

I am a new bandster....hocus, you and i had surgery the same day and I am also struggling with food, I didnt tell you anything i would not have wanted you to say to me if i had made that food choice 2 weeks post op. I myself go to counseling and OA to get the head help i need....that is why i suggested that to you....if i sounded harsh or rude or on my high horse it comes from a place of caring for a fellow september sweetie. please get the help you need to continue your band decision.

all i know is i feel better that i'm not alone. i screwed up myself for the past two days and giving myself a swift kick in the ass to stop the madness.