Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Post Surgery and ...

Yesterday I ate a Mcdonalds fillet of fish burger and today a slice of pizza. WTF am I doing? (It all went down fine btw). Anyone else being as stupid or am I just a lost cause? :thumbup:

Yesterday I ate a Mcdonalds fillet of fish burger and today a slice of pizza. WTF am I doing? (It all went down fine btw). Anyone else being as stupid or am I just a lost cause? :thumbup:

You're not stupid. But you are sabotaging yourself. We are in the position we are in today because we have issues with food. I am not yet banded but in the past 2 months I have started to change my lifestyle and how I interact with food. But I still have times where it gets to me. Last night I followed the great suggestions I got here and got a Wendy's chilli. Unfortunately I also got a 5pc chicken nuggets. So I understand your struggle and I'm sure everyone here does. BUT, now is the time to make the changes you need to make to get to where you want to get. And if you do happen to slip, don't let it ruin your day. Get back on track and keep doing the right things. Once it happens you can't take it back but you can move forward.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

No we have to deal with the food issues. I am with you. 3 wks post op and doc let me go back on reg food cause I am doing so well with loss etc. What he say that for? I over did it eating too much carbs but within my calorie budget. I gained 3 lbs when I went for check with primary doc and was devastated. You gotta pull it back in! I chastized myself but had to say goodbye to the stupid habits. I ate 3 small pancakes 1 day, egg and cheese sandwich another, sweet tea, lemonade and paid for it. I have since stopped and getting 1st fill soon. its not a lost cause you can do it! We are all human and will have set backs. Dust yourself off and try again at the next meal

Yesterday I ate a Mcdonalds fillet of fish burger and today a slice of pizza. WTF am I doing? (It all went down fine btw). Anyone else being as stupid or am I just a lost cause? :biggrin:

You're not a lost cause or stupid. You made some poor choices is all.

Next time, try taking the bun off the fish sandwich. I know the filet is fried (or at least it used to be.. have they changed it?), but getting rid of the bread will help. Even if you just remove the top and eat the bottom half.. that's a step in the right direction.

As to the pizza, try blotting the grease off the top with napkins, then only eating the toppings. Eat very little or no crust.

Don't beat yourself up for a bad decision or two. If beating ourselves up worked, there would be a lot of bruised skinny folks walking around.

Climb back on the bandwagon.. we all fall off from time to time.

Be gentle with yourself about this momentary lapse. Get right back on the horse and recommit yourself TO yourself. Look at some of the before and after photos - do some daydreaming of what life could be like.

Best wishes to you,

We all like to eat or else we wouldnt be in the situation we are in. I have also had a fillet of fish since surgery. I was out of town with friends and MCD's is where they went for lunch. A fillet of fish has 391 calories.......if you take the bread away along with some of the tartar sauce it is probably closer to 200 calories and it has 16g Protein. I realize its not a perfect meal but in a pinch it works for me!

One of my favorite sayings I have come across since surgery is: No one can turn back and have a new beginning but anyone can start today and create a new ending!

Make changes each day towards your new ending!!!! You can do it!

hello world...so good to hear that everyone is eating and feeling good.....i am 5 days out and feel still really tired...and really really cold......any suggestions..

Yesterday I ate a Mcdonalds fillet of fish burger and today a slice of pizza. WTF am I doing? (It all went down fine btw). Anyone else being as stupid or am I just a lost cause? :biggrin:

But you dont have a fill yet. I wish I could eat that. I am still on liquids. My sister has had 4 fills and has always been able to eat whatever she has wanted. However, she has lost 50lbs. The band has completely changed her Portion Control though. If I wanted to go on a low carb diet I could have done that without paying thousands out of my pocket!!! I hope I am that lucky. Some people lose more in a year than her but she is happy the way she is doing it. Slowly losing weight and still able to enjoy her food!

hello world...so good to hear that everyone is eating and feeling good.....i am 5 days out and feel still really tired...and really really cold......any suggestions..

Cold is a good thing. Cold means you are losing fat. Every time I have ever really tried hard to lose weight I got cold. 5 days out and you will be tired. I'm 10 days out and I have energy again. I've been shopping, cleaning and cooking, yes, cooking. I'm finding that making really good healthy food for my family is actually very therapeutic. I know that they are eating well and I'm happy. I smell the food, but I don't really want to eat it. Don't worry about anything but letting yourself sleep, rest, and heal. You will feel better in a few days. The days I knew I was getting my 60-80 grams of Protein in and drinking enough are the days I feel good.

Thanks for all your replies. I guess if I look at it positively, before my band I would have eaten the fish burger, fries, coke and a flurry. I would have then picked for the rest of the evening. The burger itself filled me up and I didn't need anything else until morning.

I just can't figure out why I can get normal food down fine when some people are still struggling with liquids. 2 weeks post op is still really early.

:confused:I think eveyone who posted were enabling you to continue making poor food choices!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

This is your journey and if you want to continue doing what you are doing your welcome to do that! But, the band is not a weight loss cure and if you don't become friends with yourself and continue to compulsively overeat you are NOT going to find your journey a success!!!!! so STOP what you are doing with the food and start getting the "head" help you need! see a therapist or go to OA(overeaters anonymous)(free) and start today!!! Be good to yourself!

:confused:I think eveyone who posted were enabling you to continue making poor food choices!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

This is your journey and if you want to continue doing what you are doing your welcome to do that! But, the band is not a weight loss cure and if you don't become friends with yourself and continue to compulsively overeat you are NOT going to find your journey a success!!!!! so STOP what you are doing with the food and start getting the "head" help you need! see a therapist or go to OA(overeaters anonymous)(free) and start today!!! Be good to yourself!

WOW!! HARSH!!! I feel so much better for that. Thanks :thumbup: So do you consider 1 fish burger for dinner 1 day and 1 slice of pizza for dinner the next overeating?

I was more concerned with the fact that I can get these types of food down fine so early than with the amount.

I am not not doing a whole lot better and told my nutritionist so when I saw her yesterday. She reminded me rome wasn't built in a day and it took you 10+ years to develop such crappy eating habits and you can't expect to be perfect from the second the band goes in. Old habits are hard to break and new ones even harder to get to stick. She also reminded me I have yet to have a fill so whatever decent choices of weight loss I have is due to my "dieting" and not thanks to the band yet. They are more concerned with healing in the 1st 6 weeks until my fill.. working on seperating liquids from meals, less white carbs and heavy sweets etc.. cant expect everything to change at once.

I think the majority of us said it was a momentary lapse and to dust herself off and get back on the horse. At least the five posts before your post did.

Ugh..yuck..don't listen to people who won't support you. You aren't overeating. You made a bad food choice and EVERYONE has. After liquid diets, surgery, etc, it's probably been forever since you even had a chance to eat something like this. I feel like this site is for support, not bullying. We all slip up once in awhile and it is, at least I hope it is, a good social network to have those in the same situation help you back up. I know I log on to give support, get support, etc. Someday I will have a slip up day, too, and God forbid someone tear me up over it and make me feel blue. Everyday is new beginning....just start back over with your calorie count the next and blow it off. If you are eating it everyday, there is a problem that needs to be tweaked to get to success. However, to err is human, friend.