Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love hummus and have been anxiously awaiting the pureed stage. Any ideas as to what I could have the hummus with since I can't eat bread?

I love hummus too! I eat it with slices of english cucumber or strips of red pepper instead of pita or crackers. Sometimes the cukes make me burp later, but it's worth it!

I love hummus and have been anxiously awaiting the pureed stage. Any ideas as to what I could have the hummus with since I can't eat bread?

i was banded in July and I can eat hummus with very thin, crunchy crackers. deliscious and filling, but I didnt realize that there isnt that much Protein in hummus. So be careful about dropping back into old habits (like Ive done). I am now trying to have hummus and crackers in limited quantities and make it a treat --not a regular thing.

~hiddn

Ha ha! I was going to ask the same thing. I actually licked the hummus spoon yesterday and I'm only 1 week out from surgery. It wasn't much, but that strong garlic taste killed the horrible ketosis acetone mouth taste that I've been having. If the hummus is good enough I can eat it without anything.

carrots or any other small crunchy veggie. can't or don't want to eat bread? at a good fill, I can still eat pita chips.< /p>

Ha ha! I was going to ask the same thing. I actually licked the hummus spoon yesterday and I'm only 1 week out from surgery. It wasn't much, but that strong garlic taste killed the horrible ketosis acetone mouth taste that I've been having. If the hummus is good enough I can eat it without anything.

There-in lies the potential problem! :thumbup: When something tastes particularly good, Im always at risk of sliding back into my old ways. I bought choc chips and a semi-sweet choc bar under the guise of "making brownies for my work buddies". I havent made them, yet, but most of the choc chips and half the bar are no where to be found. (and I live alone with my cat)

So, just a friendly word of warning. No matter how motivated and serious you are about losing this weight, you HAVE to pay attention to what "calls" you and turn a deaf ear if it isnt high in Protein.< /p>

And enjoy your hummus every once in a while. Luckily it stays good in the container for quite a while :thumbup:

Hang in there and keep on shrinking!

~hiddn:thumbup:

I eat it right off the spoon, with a side of laughing cow cheese.

One teaspoon full with the cheese usually keeps me feeling satisfied when I get home from work (my old "binge" time).

have you tried edemamae hummus? has more Protein the regular hummus. my favorite is the one from kroger off the olive stand :thumbup:

Take a look at BariatricEating.com

They have great recipes for every stage of the bariatric process! I just made a spinach, egg and cheese quiche last night that qualifies for mushy food! It was great and my husband loved it!

They also have some great Hummus recipes. I'm a hummus lover too and I eat it with baked pita chips, in moderation of course!

LOVE Hummus. My issue is that it chick peas are high in Vitamin K which is bad for my blood coagulation. I am on coumadin. Sooooo no Hummus for me.

Hiddn.... Sounds like your cat has been having fun. You better tell your cat to stay away from that chocolate. LOL!!!