Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another weird post...

It's weird buying size 12 dress pants when all your life(well at least as far as I can remember), I have bought size 18-24. It was honestly a joke with myself (my 14's were comfy) when I picked them up. I figured they seemed to have a little stretch in the band. I tryed them on, snug but fit well. I showed my husband (my chair critic). I said guess, he guessed right. I said this is a fluke, he said whatever.

So I went and got another pair of 12's (ones with no "give") Sure enough they buttoned though they stole my breath. It seems so close yet so weird. I still wander around the plus size section because its what I know and where I am comfortable. I am still a "fat chick", my belly is proof. But I no longer belong there. I almost feel as if my friends have left me. That I have been kicked out of their department. Even my shoes have deserted me for a lower size.

I have never worn a large shirt in my life until now(well maybe in the 4th grade). Funny though, in all of these clothing changes, I have yet to upgrade the "draws", they have elastic anyways. But everything else, 22-24 to a 12-14, 2x-3x to a large. 42C to a 38 D (who knew I was wearing the wrong size all along, Dillard's measures:)

It is almost an out of body experience, literally and it feels weird but almost amazing. With 30 more pounds to go, I will have lost 100 and January is my one year bandiversay. I hope to make it. The doctor said my results were what he sees in 4 years. But he doesn't see where I eat healthy (well most of the time) and bust my behind on the elliptical or treadmill. This tool does not work alone, it just makes the battle a little easier.

All I can say is that I am grateful for the good and the bad, but nonetheless, grateful.

But it still feels weird, like its not even really happened.

Congratulations! I know (sort of ) how you feel. Saturday, I actually went into the Regular section of the department store! I am glad it wasn't too busy, I wouldn't have wanted people to see me standing there looking like I was from another country or something, starring at the clothes LOL. I felt like I was in another country. I bought an XL blouse for the first time since I don't know when...and it felt great!

Keep up the good work, I know you will meet your goal!

I know exactly what you're talking about....When I crossed over from the dark side (the women's section), I was overwhelmed trying to shop. I was used to having a choice of a pair or two of pants that might fit and a couple of tops. Now there is so much to choose from and I'm not sure exactly what will look good on me. My body has changed so much. Shopping has become my part time job.

As long as you can afford it, this is a great problem to have! There definitely is a learning curve to your new body, but it is well worth the investment. Now go out and get yourself some new underwear. You are going to love having lingerie that fits!

Cindy

It really is surreal, isn't it? I've been blown away by the things that I'm suddenly noticing about myself. It takes a while for the mind to catch up with the body!