Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, starting to freak out...

I had my 1st fill on the 21st of November. 2.2cc's and no real big restriction...

Last Saturday I was at a Christmas party and ate more than I should have- and the wrong things...

Now I can feel my port and it is sore. Like dull pain. I'm just so afraid that I have really done something wrong or that my port has moved??? I also slept on my side for a long time, which I uusally don't do.

I don't want to call the Dr. and freak out for nothing. Anyone else ever experience this?

I'm just so worried...

~pamela.

maybe I flipped my port?!?!?

Sweetie, I don't think overeating or eating period affects our ports. In my case at least, my port is on my left side, far away from my stomach, so eating or not has no effect on it at all.

Just try and calm down and check the port site for any redness, warmth to the touch or anything else indicitive of an infection. It is possible, though highly unlikely, to recieve an infection from the fill. If anything got in bacteria wise with the needle, it is possible. Some folks here have sadly lost their ports due to serious complications. Perhaps if you check the port threads and take a look, there might be an explanation as to what is happening with you.

I hope you are feeling better and I would much rather think that you might be 'overly sensitive, which by the way is soooo normal, than to think you might have a really serious problem.

It's really great though, your having noticed it and not just ignore it. The best time to resolve a problem is always early in the game.

I will say a prayer that everything calms down for you and that it turns out to be nothing more than a false alarm.

Cindy

My port gets really sore if I sleep on it, of course that doesn't stop me from rolling right over on top of it and snoozing away. I also have port soreness if I do too many crunches or too much lifting. I was banded on July of this year. ~Mandy

That happens to me too, if i over eat then I become dully aware of my port, I was worried to, but haven't mentioned it to anyone. I think it's fine still healing and what not.

Hi Pamela,

I also get a pain at my port site if I eat too much. I think the answer as to why this happens is quite simple, though my doc thought I was nuts when I brought it up to his attention that this happens to me. I think it happens because when we are really stuffed our stomach press against the tubing and cause some pressure on the port which is sewn into the abdominal cavity. Dont panic, I dont think you have a serious problem.

Babs in TX

334/180

What does chichi mean by checking the threads - oh my, never mind - I just got it! She means check the threads on the boards. HA HA HA - I thought she meant check the threads on the port and I was thinking - are you kidding, there are threads hanging out!!!!;-)

It's been a long day!