Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband went on the pre op diet with me and is continuing to keep his portions down so between the two of us our food bill has dropped by about $75A a week. We had roast pork a few nights ago and would usually only have enough meat left for sandwiches the next day, well we got two evening meals for 4 and one lunch and i fed almost half of it to the dog this morning. A chicken does 2 meals now and i am not buying my lunch at work. Saving money is a real unexpected bonus.

I have days where I feel like I'm saving money and days where I feel it going in the trash! haha since I am eating waaaay less I'm not holding up my "end of the deal" when it comes to leftvers...i just don't eat a lot. I get a little sad when I clean the fridge out every monday and see the food I throw away :smile2: BUT! the grocery bills over all are a lot less....and I am ot buying my lunch out as much either (went from 5 days a week to around 2 days). you should start taking that extra $75 a week and tuck it away for some new clothes!!! I've spent so much on that! haha

My bariatric coach gave me a great idea: She said if you take the money you WOULD BE spending on eating out and fast food every week and deposit it into a jar, at one year you would have enough money to buy you a completely new wardrobe or go on a nice vacation!

I'm taking her advice!

My bariatric coach gave me a great idea: She said if you take the money you WOULD BE spending on eating out and fast food every week and deposit it into a jar, at one year you would have enough money to buy you a completely new wardrobe or go on a nice vacation!

I'm taking her advice!

That is a great idea! I'm spending way less also and I'm LOVING it!

whoo hoo for saving money.

and, that saving money idea is awesome. i'm going to give it a try.

i'm spending less on groceries but i feel so guilty about cleaning out the fridge and throwing things out. once a week is leftover night and everyone hates it lol. i tell them well eat it when i fix it and you won't have leftovers lol but i need to learn not to cook so much. hubby eats leftover for lunch if he wants it, my oldest takes some sort of leftover for lunch so sometimes not much left in there. i have one shelf for my yogurt, sf Jello, pudding, crab salad and boiled eggs- they know dont touch my stuff cuz it will get UGLY!! lol i spent 152.00 on groceries the other day for 2 wks. kinda proud of myself. you know even with buying the more expensive things like Protein Powder you are spending less. oh and btw the money i dont spend hubby thinks i'm to put it in savings or pay on another bill...he put me on a budget the other day lol