Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Thanks for sharing what you're eating, Lisa!

I too limit carbs (most of the time). Today I had more carbs than usual because of the fruit and crackers.

Today I had a banana for Breakfast, a wedge of 35cal laughing cow cheese with 35cal whole wheat crackers for a snack, a beef bratwurst (no bun) for lunch with 4 cubes of colby-jack cheese, and summer sausage slices for dinner.

It has been a weird day-- I normally get more veggies and don't eat this much cheese! But that is about 800 calories. I may go ahead and eat a salad later if I get hungry to get in more veggies.

ETA: It's also a strange day because of the processed meat. But I'm trying to clean out my freezer, so I'm eating some interesting things in the Protein department. At least I have turkey burgers on tap for today :)

Extraonme-- you've lost 10 BMI points!!!!! That's amazing :)

I have lost a lot, but I lost almost 30 lbs of it before surgery during the pre-op period. So really, I'm much more in line with everyone than it may look from looking at my ticker.

In any case, don't let the comparisons get you down. I've seen people on this site, at goal, who said they took 3 years to get there because they were slow losers. 3 years is nothing in the scheme of things. You will succeed. I think the worst thing about these support sites is the comparison factor and if we could all stop that we'd honestly and logically look at our progress and be happy. When's the last time you lost 10 BMI points in six months?

Keep up the good work-- you are right on track.

ETA: LisaA, you are awesome too. You have the best attitude and are a great support for the rest of us.

You know ,,,,,you are absolutely right!!! Thank you stateofzen!! I have a bad habit of seeing things only one way! You put it in another realistic perspective and I had NO IDEA I lost 10 BMI points....YAYYYYYAAAYYY, that makes me so excited! Thank you so much! Plus, another great point you make is what is three years or two or whatever as long as I succeed!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Hi Everyone!! Long time no see. I am so glad to read of all your accomplishments, gives me hope. This is what has been happening with me. I got an infection after the surgery, and finally started feeling better in December, basically had to start all over again. In Feb, I got bronchitis, got it again a few weeks ago, and then had food poisoning as well. We think I had so much antibiotics that it wore my system down. I had three bouts of super antibiotics within 3 months. I have lost 56 pounds since Sep, slow, but more than I would have otherwise. Up to 20 mins on the treadmill and work out with a trainer 1x a week. I got on this website several times, but have been so bummed out because everytime I turned around I was sick, that I just didn't feel like writing. It is very easy for me to fall back into old habits and use food in an attempt to make me feel better. It only works for about 5 minutes, then I feel worse. I have three pounds to go to get to my first goal, was hoping to reach that by 01 Apr, but ok if i don't. I might use that as an excuse to eat. I have not had a fill yet, still feel restriction, in fact, I had some grilled chicken get stuck about an hour ago and it came back up. I will get with the program and get caught up with everyone's postings. All of a sudden I am getting notified of your postings, where that had stopped and I thought no one was there!! I'm still planning on the cruise in Aug, don't think I will look good, but feeling better is my goal these days.. My thoughts are with everyone, glad you guys are still around.

Hey Everyone,

Well I went in today and had my first appt of the year......i know i know i'm way behind schedule especially since I haven't been since thanksgiving, oh well. I knew I needed to get in there but my surgeons office is about a hour and fifteen minutes from my house and Michigan=winter=bad road conditions.However I haven't weighed myself not one time since the surgery back in September. I don't even own a scale. I have lost a total including pre-op of 46lbs!!!!! I'm so excited but I have such a long way to go. I'm still overweight but I can admit that I am feeling better and looking even sexier than I already did. My clothes are hanging off me and I don't even care because that is my personal confirmation that I did the right thing by having surgery. I am so glad that everyone for the most part is doing well and seeing much progress and for those who aren't doing too hot just keep at it and make the necessary adjustments to your life. You may find that you need to make adjustment to accommodate a workout schedule, a kid free day or adjustments to the people that you let be close to you, but the point is zone in on the problems that are hindering your success with this and fix them right away. that was my random thought of the day, lol.

Anyway good luck to everyone i wish you all success and sexiness

Glad many of you are doing better. Felt like I've been in hibernation. Weight loss been slow although part of it is my fault. Still no restriction. Last fill in January. Layed off, then got new job, hospitalized b/c doc thought was having heart attack. false alarm but stress induced. Getting it right and now down 63lbs. 41 lbs left. I started fitness program at church and also recently got licensed as zumba instructor. God is good! If I stay focus I will achieve my goal. Will have to self pay for fill but I'm eating way too much

wow everyone so great to see everyone-

Miss Joany, I've missed you, sorry to hear about your health trouble. Wow you are doing great on the excercise and weight loss front though, I'm glad you are feeling better now

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I last updated... I have lost 64 lbs... only 4.2 to be in ONEDERLAND!!! I can't believe it is now so close. My new mini goal is to be there by April 28th when I go on vac to Costa Rica.

I am running 1 mile and then doing parts of the P90X. At this point I am not going to force myself to do the entire program. Another goal is to do the entire program from start to finish by the time I reach my goal weight... so now I just do portions and about 3-4 times a week... I really want to tighten everything I can as I am losing the weight so it is not so hard later on =)

Continue eating Protein first, drinking Water, and vitamins...

Has anyone heard from Brian? Hope he is ok...

Remember to take it one step at a time... good job everyone!

Moni

LisaA, if you like yogurt, but not the carbs, I might have a solution for you. If you live near a Kroger, they sell CarbMaster Yogurt. 80 calories, only 3-4 carbs and only 3grams of sugar. I love these.

I"ve heard this before, but I don't see it, it is by the other yogurts- what color is the package?

Yes, it is in with the other yogurts. It is a white container with a big blue swirl with Carbmaster written across it.

WOW, WHERE IS EVERYONE! How are you guys doing? man I was on a like 6 week no loss, but now i'm down 6 lbs in 2 weeks, finally- so 6 lbs lost in 8 weeks, but those 6 weeks were hellish- I hate the stalls. but am excited about the loss. that is the trick with me, to keep the faith and not freak out or give up. it's been my struggle my whole life.

Hi all! I was reading the posts and EVERYONE is doing so well. So i thought i should post and let everyone know how I am doing. Its been awhile since I have been on just got so darn busy. Anyway I have lost 58 lbs so far, Dr tells me he only wants me to lose another 35 lbs. I asked him if he was nuts, I want to lose more then that, but he tells me that is to small for my frame. I guess he knows best.

LisaA, I know where you are ocming from, I stayed at 55lbs for so long, I was getting depressed and now finally I have lost 3 lbs in a week and a half, so I hope it continues. I have set goals for myself but have fallen short by 3-4 lbs everytime, so I have learned I need to set smaller goals. I work out 6 days a wk, and have lost alot of inches and have to remind myself of all my accoplishments and not to be so hard on myself and that any weight lose is better then NO weight loss. If there is anything that I can do to help, let me know.

I'm still chugging along, though things are slowing down for me a bit-- no surprise there.

I do need to work on my food choices a bit though. Getting busy at the end of a semester means lots more convenience foods than thoughtful, healthy meals, and that's obviously not a path I want to stay on.

Lisa and SDG: I'm so glad you're pushing through the stalls. That always feels great!

I'm still here as well. Been chugging along. Had stalled at about 50lbs loss had no restriction. About 4th fill and doing more working out has helped. Just had 5th adjustmentment last month and getting some restriction. Im down 70 lbs with 35 to go. I would do better if I stop being a greedy girl. I'm please with my body changes though. Went from 22W to a 10/12 misses. Shoes are from 9 to 8 or 8 1/2