Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well i was all set to go intoday or tomarrow but insurance comapny at last min sent in a denial on the grounds that Because my doctors office burnt to the ground with every ones records i have no paper trail for the last 5 years let alone 12 months so it is up to me to go back to all my old insurances and get any kind of records i can get my hands on ... my doctor wrote the insurance company a letter stating that he has been my doctor for the last 5 years and everything he has seen and taken care of me for but i guess it fell on def ears! as of jan 1st i again will have a new insurance company i guess i will try again with the new one and see what happens.. right now im so depressed and dicouraged -my SO says no worries honie lets pretend you got it done and follow the bandster rules together he is so sweet ... so untill i get this resolved that is what we plan to do i have been on liquids for 2 weeks and have lost 15 pounds i got rid of my diet coke addiction almost quit smoking down to 4 a day and i really dont have the hunger pains any more he has been a life saver i met him on net a few years ago and in that time have lost on my own 130 pounds but stayed there for the last 2 years but no more lost till now so maybe this is the kick in the ass i needed and with him in my life now maybe i can make it! and keep it off . my life is so different now then it was before i have things to look forward to and have been so happy it is almost sick LOL yeah i have health problems but maybe with this board and his help i can really beat this ! thsank you for all your support thru this and maybe one day i can really be a memeber!

huggs

michelle

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Keep fighting them up until the day you're no longer with them. Denying you on the grounds that your doctor's office burned down is ridiculous.

What a ridiculous excuse for a denial! Under the unusual circumstances, your doctor's letter should be good enough. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I am in awe of the fact that you lost all that weight on your own, though! You are a strong woman, obviously, and I wish you all the success in the world in keeping that weight loss rolling.

Emily

Michelle -

I don't know what to say! Sorry that you are having the problems with your insurnace, sorry that your doctor will be starting over (sorry for your doctor, too), very sorry that you are going to have to deal with an insurance change through all of this.

I would like to advise you to check out your new insurance coverage, though. My old insurance covered the procedure, but by the time I was ready to go, my hubby's company had switched to BC/BS (which is supposed to stand for blue cross/blue shield, but for me it stands for buncha crap bull sh*&%!!) You may want to think about COBRA with your current insurance until you are banded!

You might also talk to someone else at the insurance company. Are they stopping all procedures from that doctor (that doesn't seem possible) since he has lost everything, or are they reaching for a reason to deny weight loss surgery?

Just some thoughts, dear! Hang in there, keep your inspiration, stay on the boards, and work toward your goal with or without a band. We all love you, banded or not, and we will do our best to help you out!!!

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

~cheri

First of all, let me say CONGRATULATIONS on the 130lbs lost to date, +15lbs since!!!! You are amazing, second you are a member of this group. There are no rules that say you can't be here unless you are banded. We are all going through the same issues and problems with weight loss, some with the band and some without, for whatever reason. So don't deny us or yourself of the support and advice we all have to offer.

You have a wonderful SO and that is key to this being successful for you. I am very happy for you and glad to hear this.

As for the change in insurance companies, sounds like you might actually be better off switching as this one is being so unreasonable about the entire situation. Things happen for a reason and perhaps this new insurance company will cover you without as much hassle, I certainly hope so. You obviously have a great deal of strong will, dedication to weight loss and persistence, all of which pay off in these kinds of situations.

I had another thought regarding the letter from the doctor. Have you thought about or is it possible to have him do up an affidavit swearing under oath that he has treated you. That's a legal document, so it could be tricky getting him to provide that to you, not to mention getting an attorney to handle it without costing you an arm and a leg. Just a thought, couldn't hurt to inquire about it anyway. You could even say to him that it would be in his best interest to do this, not neccessarily specific to you, but for all of his patients who will be in the same situation regarding his previous care. Then he can provide a letter that is specific to you for the sake of the insurance company.

You may want to contact DeLarla on this site as I believe she is a paralegal and might be able to shed more light on this possiblity for you, as well as letting you know if it is even worth pursuing.

I wish you the very best. Hope you have the happiest holiday ever!! Keep us posted, please.

Cindy