Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great Recipe Race Idea

Hey guys, I came up with a great idea that I wanted to share with you. Any distance sport would work well too. Below is the message I sent out to my family and friends, use it or chuck it, whatever works for you! I hope it helps someone out!

"As many of you know, though some may not, I made a major life decision regarding m weight. On September 16th, two weeks ago, I underwent surgery to receive a lap-band.

Now with the lap-bad in my body, the amount of food I can eat is restricted and therefore causing me to lose weight (15.5 pounds so far)! If I continue on this path I will continue to lose weight over a long period of time.

Now, while losing weight like this is fantastic there is one way I can get more bang for my buck. All I need to do is come up with a way to exercise in a suitable and entertaining way.

This is where you all come in. The reason you have received this message is because I trust you, and feel I can count on you to help me in this endeavor. I am only asking 3 things of each of you.

Before I tell you the three things please let me explain my idea and goal. Exercise can be tedious and no fun for people, so I am trying to take what I have available to me and make it fun. I have in my home a recumbent stationary bike. Now I do enjoy it to some extent but I need to enjoy it more so I came up with a plan. Here is where you start to come in.

What I am initially asking from you are 2 things. The first is merely your address. I need this because I will be virtually 'riding' from one home to the next. I plan to take your address and see how many miles it is from the next closest person, via google, and 'ride' that many miles to the next home. My ultimate plan is to make a circuit that may go something like this:

1. Home to JLP on the other side of town.

2. From JLP to my parent's house three states away.

3. From my parents to Maine (Auntie Di).

4. Maine to Montana....etc...

The second thing is to select from the following list the terrain type you think best describes the area around your home. This will allow me to pick a bike setting and change up my settings throughout the circuit.

Is your terrain (near you city/area/state):

1. flatland

2. a valley

3. a flat top mountain or hill

4. a steep (pointy) mountain or hill

5. a few consecutive hills or mountains

6. continuous hills or mountains

If no terrain choice is to your liking choose the closest one or let me know and I will pick one no one else has picked because the point is to change up the routine.

Now the third and last thing I ask of you is this. When I virtually get to your 'home', I would like to be treated as a guest and served a healthy meal. This means, from you, I would like just one healthy recipe. One that recipe is received (via Facebook is fine), I will then begin my trek to the next person's home.

So as of right now, I need willing participants to be in my cross country bike circuit. If you agree, you will give me only three things; your address, your terrain type, and a recipe when I 'arrive' at your home. If you are game to help me out, please post your address and terrain type so I can begin figuring out my route.

Thanks for the help everyone!"

Flieaway that is a good ideal, I hope things work out like you plan

Thanks, I have a bunch of addresses and a ton of support so far! I am excited to take something that can be so bland and put an exciting edge to it!