Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help!!!!! feeling like a failure already....

ok so i was banded on 9-9-10 lost 10 lbs pre-op and 13 after for a total of 23lbs went from 228-205lbs was stoked!:rolleyes2: but then i started the mushie then solid stages and lose nothing.... i hover between 205-208 and back again... i am only taking in about 1000-1200 cal a day so why am i not losing.. when to maintain a weight of 205 u should take in 1677 a day WHAT GIVES!?B) has anyone else experienced this? will i start losing again? my first fill is due oct 5th

Well, adding solids back in does slow loss--but only temporarily, and only because it lingers in your colon. So try not to worry about that too much.

That said, it might be time to play around with calories. I know there are lots of "shoulds," but I had to toss mine by the wayside. After years of (preband) journaling on fitday.com, it became undeniable to me and my doctors that my calorie needs, despite my weight, were much, much lower than any recommended level.

That's why I got banded.

Give your body a little time to get used to the solids---it's been through quite an ordeal. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to start journaling someplace like fitday.com---just for a baseline.

If you don't start losing again---which you probably will, once your body figures things out---then you can experiment a little. You can see if bumping up your Protein helps, or if paring down on refined carbs helps, or if upping your exercise helps, or if knocking down your caloric intake helps....

It's too soon to freak out, but not too soon to think about logical ways to tackle things if it does evolve into a problem.

With luck, the scale will start moving soon, and it will all be moot.

Your first 6 weeks post op you are to focus on HEALING, not losing weight! Don't stress over the scale - if you starve your poor body when it is trying to recover from surgery you will create an even bigger mess....I just focused on making healthy choices and trying to let my body heal, and not worry about losing weight - so what if you don't lose a lb in those 6 weeks? If you let your body heal and get off to a great start you will not regret it later, trust me!

WHen I went for my first fill at 6 weeks post op I hadn't hardly lost a thing, I might've even been up a lb if I remember correctly. (I should've journalled as I forget these things easily!) Weight loss was SO SLOW from MArch when I had surgery to about July/Aug - but then I got good restriction and it has been great ever since! You just have to be patient, don't try and rush things, and above all don't compare yourself to anyone else! Everyone loses weight and gets to restriction at a different time....don't get discouraged, just keep focused on your journey to health and weight loss!

Keep up the good work!!!

Kim

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches